Volume, brightness & seek swipe gestures in Emby Mobile apps

eNES0nsEsK

Hi, we used to have these but I took them out because users were complaining of constantly accidentally tripping them.

We can find a way to bring them back. I think a circular gesture would be a good compromise.

• Sad 1

eNES0nsEsK

OK, totally understand you don't want to annoy people with gestures they don't want.

Could you have a "Toggle Touch Gestures" option in the mobile app settings?
This could default to being off so people don't trip them accidentally.

I like idea of a circular gesture to control playback position. It would be good if it functioned like a jog wheel for video editing.
Like this,  https://www.amazon.com/Contour-Design-Shuttle-Xpress-Multimedia-Controller/dp/B0001DBEKG
Although it doesn't need to be that accurate, but could allow quick navigation with a faster gesture, then a more slightly more accurate positioning with a slow gesture.

The volume is probably less important to most people because we have easily accessible hardware buttons that can be used.

The most useful gesture for me personally would be brightness control. This is tricky to adjust on my Android phone when I'm holding it horizontally and I've started playback I then need to swipe down from the top a few times to get to the brightness slider. Could a two or three fingered vertical swipe be used for this possibly?

Anyway, just throwing some ideas around. Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by eNES0nsEsK
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yes that's possible, but a last resort. A circular gesture shouldn't have a problem of being accidentally triggered therefore it can just always be enabled.

• 1 year later...
theghost31

Hi

Long time ago, I saw these features, since they disappeared, I'm still waiting them 😕

Do you know, when you will purpose their again? Even in option which is disabled by default? 

Thank you 

Regards 

miniliQuid

definitely want the brightness back, never cared for the audio, cause like eNES0nsEsK said, got hardware buttons for that part :D

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, darkassassin07 said:

No, god I hated this feature with a burning passion like many others. 

Please refrain from profanity as this is a family friendly environment. Thanks.

• Agree 1

miniliQuid
4 hours ago, darkassassin07 said:

No, god I hated this feature with a burning passion like many others. 

People don't hate the feature, just the fact it was to easy to hit by accident.
However they already said it won't come back in the same form to prevent exactly that issue :D

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
mzramna

Why not Just crate a config into the Android cliente to enable or disable this feature and set the sensibility/activation area instead of remove such usefull feature?

Edited by mzramna
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 8 months later...
DarKni8
8 hours ago, SikSlayer said:

It's been years... Once again.

For the feature which was already there, It makes me wonder. Seeing the capabilities of devs after seeing skip intro/credit plugin by @chef and @rbjtechI have made peace with the fact that they just dont want to focus on small but valuable feature and have not set there priority straight.

• 1 month later...
wugeng668
On 10/19/2019 at 1:13 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we used to have these but I took them out because users were complaining of constantly accidentally tripping them.

We can find a way to bring them back. I think a circular gesture would be a good compromise.

Hi,you can add the screen locking function ,refer to the Android player MX player .  Another solution is to add the option of opening gesture in the Android client. After all, the best way to solve the problem is not to delete convenience

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, brightness control will be back in the video player in the next updates to the Emby Android and iOS apps. Thanks.

• Thanks 1