Auto organize misidentifying movies

computerprep

computerprep

Auto organize had been misidentifying movies a LOT lately. As in the past few months. But it's become especially bad within the past couple of weeks.

Recent mistaken files might have the exact movie title at the beginning of the filename, but the correct movie shoes up second in the identification list when searching movie title and release year, so it picks the first movie, which may contain all the same words of the correct movie, but in a different order plus extra words. Like it's sorting identification results by rating or release date or something without enforcing any exact match priority.

Is this plugin still being actively developed? If not, I would love to help improve it but don't want to make any promises.

computerprep

Been waiting for another one to screenshot. Let me know if you want logs.

post-1756-0-68957500-1571759198_thumb.png

This movie "Blue (2018)" is attempting to organize as "The Cold Blue (2018)"

Correct movie TheMovieDb.org link: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/641401-blue

Misidentified link: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/523818-the-cold-blue

The worst part about this example is that I can't correct it without manually renaming and organizing the file. The Auto organize options are only to delete the file or overwrite the mismatch. So we're missing a way to reidentify a movie that is waiting to be organized because the "supposed" match already exists.

I'm also realizing with this example, that I can't find the correct movie with TheMovieDb.org's web search box. But it does exactly exist in their database. Not sure if those are connected in this instance.

horstepipe

I'm seeing lots of misidentifications since the last weeks, too. Something seems to have changed for themoviedb scraping. (My metadata language is german)

Edited by horstepipe

Their search engine seems to have gotten worse lately. There was another thread with similar examples.

• Like 1

computerprep

Would it be feasible to pull the initial identification from OMDb instead of TMDb?

Would it be feasible to pull the initial identification from OMDb instead of TMDb?

You can do that now by changing priority, but each provider comes with their own strengths and drawbacks. Overall I would say Moviedb is still the better choice.

computerprep

It doesn't look like that controls the Auto-Organize database choice.

I fully turned off TMDb to test, put file named "Blue (2018).mp4" into my auto organize folder. Still misidentifying. OMDbAPI's test search pulls the correct IMDb ID when searching "Blue" and "2018"

Maybe Auto Organize plugin doesn't bow to the library metadata priority?

-------------------------

Edit: Or if Auto Organize searched both for initial identification and used the second priority if { priority1 IS NOT an exact match & priority2 IS an exact match }

Edited by computerprep

Actually I think it is only if you have the 4.3 server that it now follows library provider options.

computerprep

Excellent. I'll wait for that to go release. Thanks.

BTW, I still think it would be beneficial for the identification process to pull from both/all API's available. To follow priority unless the match is not exact. Once Emby has attributed the right IMDb ID, it does the rest flawlessly. It's just getting to that point. If identification had some built in redundancy, it would be more sustainable if TMDb, OMDb, TVDb, or others make mistakes and get buggy. Like TMDb's search lately.

Hey, I do not use AutoOrganize so i do not know how it does work, but just want give you some input from my personal experience with TMM (Tiny Media Manager).

When you are scraping movies from TMDB, there is an option to choose How much do you want the result title to match from 0 to 1 (1 being 100%).

I put that to 1 and if the match is not perfect it asks me to validate.

I can say that i have to validate almost 25% of my movies manually but i find it works pretty well and for those that are auto validated it misses approx. 5% so it is good :)

Maybe could be interesting to add this kind of option to AutoOrganize ? 

computerprep

Here's my latest and last example where a perfect match option would have helped.

I get that TMDb should have returned these in the other order, but that perfect match "slider" sounds promising.

post-1756-0-09613800-1572021336_thumb.png

post-1756-0-35054200-1572021252_thumb.png