My Media Thumbs

levander

levander

Can you please add an option to show My Media thumbs on home screen as in web app. I have many libraries and it is frustrating to find the library I want by scrolling. 

Happy2Play

Sorry I don't understand what you are asking as my iOS displays the same as my web app.  Minus obvious scroll do to screen size.

Edited by Happy2Play

levander

Yes. Horizontal scrolling is great when you have small number of libraries I guess but I still prefer the view as in web app. At one point on my iPad I could choose my media small and instead of just labels the thumbnails were shown as in web app. It was obviously unintentional feature but it worked great until, well, it disappeared.

• 2 weeks later...
levander

I would understand that you said it is good default to have no more than one instance of every type of library. But I can create as many libraries as I like in emby. Because your software allows it. You allowed it.  So when I give you feedback that something is not looking good when I use it in such and such way and you answer that you think that it is good??? No it is not. Current behavior is just not right for scenario where you have 50+ libraries. I am aware that it might be that I am only one who use so many libraries but what is important is that you created the software which has possibilities for such customization and that is no better or worse. I am not even proposing something new but something that already exists in web app. At one point vertical scroll even existed on iOS but it disappeared with an update. 

I am not even proposing something new but something that already exists in web app.

It actually is the same in both apps. If you use the web app on a mobile device, it will scroll horizontally. The decision is not made on app, but instead by primary input method, e.g. touch vs mouse. That's the out of box behavior at least. Options are always possible for the future.

levander

It actually is the same in both apps. If you use the web app on a mobile device, it will scroll horizontally. The decision is not made on app, but instead by primary input method, e.g. touch vs mouse. That's the out of box behavior at least. Options are always possible for the future.

On web app on my iPad I scroll vertically and not horizontally! That seems to be the default actually!

Ok, please Pm me your itunes email. i have a beta update in review that should hopefully be up tomorrow.

levander

Did you try it?

Yes. One thing I noticed... I can skip forward by clicking on that 30 sec button. I can also double tap anywhere on the right half of the screen to skip 1 minute  (if I tap anywhere around button only once nothing happens). And I like that I can skip by double tapping. But if the OSD is visible and I double tap the OSD will disappear, the second time I double tap the OSD will appear... and so on... every time I double tap OSD will appear/disappear. It would look better if visibility of OSD would not react on double tap at all but only tapping once.

I am not sure I am clear...

Is there something  else you wanted to test specifically?