124 replies to this topic

#121 Bill4sman OFFLINE  

Bill4sman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Local time: 01:50 AM

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:27 PM

Not every emby app/player downsamples to 16bit.

Sounds great, which one actually works???

#122 Guest_asrequested_* OFFLINE  

Guest_asrequested_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

Sounds great, which one actually works???

Definitely Theater for Windows desktop, as for the others, I can't say. Maybe ask in the Roku area?

Edited by Doofus, 12 November 2019 - 03:43 PM.

#123 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156770 posts
  • Local time: 02:50 AM

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:46 PM

Well as far as Roku is concerned, simply check the capabilities of your Roku device, and that will be what the emby app supports.

#124 Red5ive OFFLINE  

Red5ive

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Local time: 07:50 AM

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:50 AM

Liking the improvements on the current web app.

Thinking about Theater in TV mode there needs to be a easier way to see the current playlist and to get back to it. Perhaps like suggested above a persistent bar or overlay to say what is playing on the home screen.

I know there is a musical note in the top header bar, but that takes several clicks of a remote to get to (I really wish that movement here was circular ie, if you are on the far right option the next click right takes you to the first option on the left).

Adding a single track to the playlist is a bit cumbersome as well. There is a big Queue button that adds the whole album to the current now playing playlist but to add a single track you have to bring up the info menu and go down 3 options. I often accidentally just select the track which of course discards the whole playlist for the current album and plays the track.

Would be great if it popped up a menu with two options, play track or add to Queue, would avoid the party situation of someone coming along and picking a track and wiping out everyone else's selections!

Also seeing as TV mode is going to be most used on the big screen at parties it could do with some more visual bling for music (you could say that about the whole app) with visualizations and lyrics as suggested earlier.

Luke: I understand Theater is going through a bit of a re-write at the moment so hope some of these design changes make it to the new version. Happy to help test and give feedback!

I also have some thoughts on the general flow and ease of use of the rest of the Theater experience but will post them up on the Theater forum.

#125 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156770 posts
  • Local time: 02:50 AM

Posted 28 November 2019 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the feedback !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users