HDHomeRun - No LiveTV / Recording with Emby

jerminat0r
Go to solution Solved by jerminat0r,

jerminat0r

Hey all,

I found a decent deal for a couple of dual tuner HDHR3's and hooked them up.

Been able to watch TV live through the HDHR app on my phone / devices no problem. Still can't get it to play nice with Emby.

Ran through all of the setup with it (twice, actually) step by step. Emby sees them / detects them and all seems well.. Then try to play a show through browser or Rokus and nada.

On the browser I just get a spinning wheel and nada. In the Roku app, I get an actual error that no streams could be detected (big red box) nearly right after trying to watch something. The HDHR's are up, talking, and available (like i said, able to watch from the HDHR apps natively).

Latest server log attached.

Also willing to provide login to the emby server itself if needed / wanted.

Should also state that the emby server is a VM and was "ported" (backed up / restored) from another VM that was deleted after-ward.

I feel like there is something simple in the networking side that I am missing, but I can't parse the logs as quickly / easily as you guys probably can. All I can see when the Roku's fail, is something to the effect of "connection refused."

Any insight would be appreciated! I really don't want to have to "start over" and re-install i I can help it. Installing the SSL cert alone is kind of a pain to me.

Thanks

embyserver-10162019.zip

jerminat0r

Alright I uninstalled emby completey and went with the portable version this time.

After I uninstalled, I ran CCleaner against the system and cleaned the registry of any lingering entries / references and rebooted

extracted the portable to a new folder ::  C:\EmbyServer

granted full access rights to a new service account I created in active directory that is replicated from domain admin, to the new embyserver folder and subsquent files / folders

Also ensure that new user has full access to any and all files / folders that are setup for recording, transcoding, libraries, etc.

Setup the new emby server from scratch...

Configured Emby as a service using NSSM

Noticed some strangeness.... Disabled the auto service and running emby locally while logged into the server as the new service account

I can add the tuners and configure the guide no problem.... but still cannot get live playback.

Disabled IPv6 on this server specifically (via the NIC properties and also via registry: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/guidance-for-configuring-ipv6-in-windows-for-advanced-users)and rebooted it

Still cannot get live-tv to work.. I dunno what I'm doing wrong here guys..... Here's the latest server / hardware detection logs... this was after trying to kick off a "play" function from the browser app on my workstation at work (remote to the server, which is at home).

Should also mention I have a Quadro M2000 passed through to the server and has been working without issue so far as I can tell.

Thanks

EmbyServer.txt

hardware_detection-63706816457.txt

• Solution
jerminat0r

shut the front door...

I think I fixed it.

Anyone with issues like I was experiencing...

Even though all the rules for Windows Defender Firewall were configured properly and supposedly working, it wasn't allowing traffic from the HDHR's to the server.... SOOOO.. once I disabled Windows Firewall, it works instantly..

Re-enabled IPv6 and rebooted and tested; working properly.

Re-configured the NSSM service I created previously and started it and tested; working.

Soooooooo.. My bad.

Edited by jerminat0r
  • Like 2