Custom Chapter Images

sonnaps

Hello, I have started to convert and add home movies to my Emby server.  I created a new Library of type Home videos & photos.  I converted a bunch of VHS tapes to MKV files, one for each VHS tape.  In each MKV file I set chapters at different time stamps.  Like Christmas 2000, Halloween 2001, Mike's 2nd Birthday Party, etc.  Emby automatically created chapter thumbnails for each chapter, but they are not the best images.  It just didn't take a snapshot at the perfect time for most of them.

Is there a way to choose a specific image for each chapter?  Like if I screenshot a good still from a chapter and try to point to that?

Where are these chapter images being saved?  They are not in the media folder, I only see the main thumbnail there for the MKV file itself.

Hi, we don't currently support customizing these, although it's possible for the future. They are stored under the server's metadata folder, although it will not be easy to identify which folder belongs to which item. @@Happy2Play may have some tips on that.

Happy2Play

They are nearly impossible to find in the /metadata/library folder without the log showing where they were placed.

You could make a copy of your library.db and explore the mediaitems table to get the itemid for that media, then look at the chapters3 table and filter by that itemid to see the imagepath.

• 4 years later...