englishjohn
Go to solution Solved by englishjohn,

englishjohn

Hi,

First post and only just starting to use your software, though before i purchase the premium option i have a couple of questions hopfull this is an ok sub forum?

Can the unwanted DNLA devices that appear on my IOS app be removed or a single device always be the default? I only wish to push to my Oppo and other family members have issues when a list of 6 or 7 devices appear especially as i cant rename them.

Bigger issue, resume playback doesnt appear to work, nightmare for the kids as i have sit and fast forward through the film.

Can the IOS app just open up into the movies tab as defaut rather than the home screen?

Thanks

Edited by englishjohn

Hi, welcome. 

Bigger issue, resume playback doesnt appear to work, nightmare for the kids as i have sit and fast forward through the film.

Is this playing locally on the iOS device? What device and version of iOS?

Can the IOS app just open up into the movies tab as defaut rather than the home screen?

There is currently no option for this, but it's not a bad idea for the future.

englishjohn

Is this playing locally on the iOS device? What device and version of iOS?

No sorry, i mean when i choose Continue Watching on the device (oppo) via the app it always starts at the begining again rather than the point of last viewed.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
englishjohn

HI, sorry been busy working so havnt been able to reply.

I have included another server log.

The last three files in ther log i assume as i dont no what im looking at.

I tried to resume play (approx 09:00 02/11/19), blue planet 2, ferdinand and moana, though it doesnt matter what i resume they always start at the begining again.

This is the same if clicking resume play throught the folder on the oppo its self or via the app, my apple devices or the windows desktop.

I am direct playing with the oppo.

Any feedback is greatfull.

Edited by englishjohn

Unrelated, but did you setup an Emby library pointing to the root of your F: drive? 

Because your log is filled with errors from Emby trying to process F:\Windows which is your windows system folder?

Application directory: C:\Users\steve\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'F:\WINDOWS\TEMP\CR_F7655.tmp'.

That's not good. Even if you don't notice any problems due to this, there will likely be performance problems. I would not setup a library pointing to F:.

Instead setup your libraries pointing to the folders under F:

Does that make sense?

@@Happy2Play

Regarding the original issue, I don't have an Oppo for testing, but i was able to reproduce this with the Play To feature when using Windows Media Player. That will be resolved for the next update to the Dlna plugin. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
englishjohn

Hi,

Just wanted to give you some feedback - the latest server updates fixed the resume play issue, it now works on the oppo like my other devices. 

Thanks.

• Like 1