Emby [app] on FireStick keeps shutting down

knight2024

9 hours ago, rewojcik said:

App log sent.

Hi.  Can you please provide the information requested in the instructions?

Thanks.

Hi. The instructions were:

Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

I found your log but don't know exactly what you did and what problem occurred during it.  I don't see any playback in the log or evidence of a crash though.

rewojcik

The crash occurred the day before the log was created, but the app was not used between the time of the crash and the creation of the log.  When the crash occurred, I was attempting to listen to a Brahms symphony which has 4 tracks:  1. 21.02 min; 2. 10:02 min; 3. 5.25 min; 4. 9:42 min.  Emby made it through the first 2 tracks and then stopped in the middle of track 3.  The screen went black and then playback simply stopped.  My music files are stored on a 2 TB Seagate Expansion Drive.  The path for the tracks I was playing is:  G:/claudio abbado, berlin philharmonic orchestra/brahms (abbado)_symphony #2, alto rhapsody.

But this problem occurs with any music that I'm playing back.  Any playback longer then 15 minutes or so is touch and go.

I store my movies on another 2 TB expansion drive, drive F.  I was able to stream an entire movie last night with no problem at all.  It just seems to happen on the music files on drive G.

As far as the timing of the logs, I sent the server log around 10:15am yesterday and the app log was transmitted about 5 minutes before that.  The user on the local server is: Ron.

You will need to send the app log immediately after the crash for us to hope to see anything.

Is there a chance some of your drives are being put to sleep during playback?

rewojcik

Thanks for the suggestion about checking the drives.  I have my Emby server on a PC with two additional hard drives connected to it to store and retrieve the media files.  I have multiple USB connections on the PC and moved the music files hard drive to another connection and it is working perfectly.  So the problems was not the Emby app, but the PC connection.  Everything seems to be working fine.  So, once again, thanks for your help.