Photo Search

sundevil67

sundevil67

Apologies if I've repeated this question in another form; struggling to explain this right I think. I know I found a way to do this a while back, possibly using some convoluted workaround that might have involved some AppleScript...but I can't dig up any records of it. The point is that a bunch of my photos have people's names either as tags or 'people', the same way actors are listed for movies. When I search for some of these people, if they're listed as 'people' in a video, they're found. However when added to photos the same way, they are ignored by the search. Same goes for the title. Is the only way to make my photos searchable according to the people in them to have their names appear in the title? Is there any way at all to search by tag or photo, assuming I rediscover the way to export photos from Mac Photos with the 'faces' being automatically added into the 'keywords' field (which Emby then reads as a 'tag')? Sorry if that got a little convoluted as well...hard to explain...but there's gotta be something I'm missing here....Thanks for any guidance - this is really a big part of the main reason I got started with Emby - for a way to share my photo library with family & friends..but they all want to search for specific people.

Hi there, we plan to expand on photo filtering and sorting in future updates. Thanks for the feedback.