Collections for Live TV (seperate from movies)

mickle026

mickle026

I would like to see in a future release collections enabled that are seperate from Movies and Other Media, but available in Live TV part only.

This would enable me to make an organised Favourites list similar to bougets in satellite stb's

mickle026

Hi. I believe you are effectively asking for this: Live TV Channel Groups

OK, Similar agenda.

I was actually asking for a more broad collection feature.  So you could have collections in music, collections in live tv, collections in audio books etc instead of just favourites being all in one lump, but still keeping favourites.

The thread you posted a link too, seems to solely be asking for Groupings of tv channels.  I think if at all possible both implimentations would be fantastic, and allow the user an option of whichever their preferance was.

I was thinking that the collections would be easier to impliment as it would programatically be easier, as you wouldn't have to alter too much (just my thoughts, not sure exactly ;) ).  Probably something like adding a "type" or "key" to the existing collections and only displaying those in whichever tab your were currently viewing.  So you still add to the existing collections setup, just only see the type for the tab you are viewing. Collections wouldn't require you to auto-add based on the m3u groupings either, but you could do that with an import option aswell if you went that way in development.

Edited by mickle026

mickle026

OK, I get the idea.  I wanted just simple collections in each library, but mainly live tv for now.

I have found a work around for now, by creating an strm file for each channel and adding a new library (of type movies) for each group, then adding my own poster for it.  This way user access can be controlled too.