Sharp Aquos TV LC-24CFG6132EM - emby not working

vlad72

Hi,

Emby DLNA does not recognize media files.
The message is: Unsupported file!
The TV is smart, it has a browser, but unfortunately there is another problem - it only recognizes audio AAC, although the manufacturer says it supports DTS.
All other devices have no problem with Emby, but this smart TV works at 12v and I need it.
I read a lot on this issue, but I didn't dare to find a solution for either DLNA or web browsing.

I have attached the log files.

Please, help me.
I apologize for my bad English.

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63706441898.txt

Happy2Play

To me the provided Sharp Smart TV dlna profile is not being used by your device and falling back to the generic default dlna profile.

2019-10-12 01:51:41.759 Info Dlna: No matching device profile found. The default will need to be used.
	DeviceDescription:
	FriendlyName:Sharp_TV (70:2e:d9:8f:5e:ec)
	Manufacturer:MStar
	ManufacturerUrl:www.mstarsemi.com
	ModelDescription:MStar Digital Media Renderer
	ModelName:MStarDMR
	ModelNumber:0.0
	ModelUrl:www.mstarsemi.com
	SerialNumber:000000
2019-10-12 01:51:41.784 Info Dlna: DLNA Session created for Sharp_TV (70:2e:d9:8f:5e:ec) - MStarDMR

So the existing dlna profile needs tweaking to be used by your device or you need to make another profile for your device.

You can see and edit the provide profiles via Dashboard-DLNA-Profiles.  

Happy2Play

Yes, I thought so, but I have no idea what settings to make in this profile for Emby to work.

Just guessing with some manual editing of the the existing profile.  But try this edited Sharp Smart TV profile, put in "/var/lib/emby-server/config/dlna/user" and restart your server.  Then play something and see if this profile gets used.

Changes made, removed the http header and added Identification Friendly name and update manufacturer.

Edited by Happy2Play

Just guessing with some manual editing of the the existing profile.  But try this edited Sharp Smart TV profile, put in "/var/lib/emby-server/config/dlna/user" and restart your server.  Then play something and see if this profile gets used.

Changes made, removed the http header and added Identification Friendly name and update manufacturer.

It's not. I am attaching a log file.

embyserver2.txt

@@Happy2Play you can't remove all of the headers. Doing this means that the profile can only be used with the play to remote control feature, but not when browsing from the TV itself.

On the play to side of things, it does look like the profile matches now:

2019-10-12 04:47:57.020 Debug Dlna: Found matching device profile: Sharp Smart TV (Customized)

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play you can't remove all of the headers. Doing this means that the profile can only be used with the play to remote control feature, but not when browsing from the TV itself.

On the play to side of things, it does look like the profile matches now:

2019-10-12 04:47:57.020 Debug Dlna: Found matching device profile: Sharp Smart TV (Customized)

Okay I assume that is why this happens. 

2019-10-12 04:48:55.933 Debug Dlna: No matching device profile found. Host=192.168.0.109:8096, User-Agent=UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 AwoX/1.1, SOAPACTION="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1#Browse", Content-Type=text/xml; charset="utf-8", Content-Length=457
2019-10-12 04:48:55.955 Debug Dlna: Control request. Headers: Host=192.168.0.109:8096, User-Agent=UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 AwoX/1.1, SOAPACTION="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1#Browse", Content-Type=text/xml; charset="utf-8", Content-Length=457

It's not. I am attaching a log file.

What happens if your replaced it with this one

Only additional change is adding User-Agent=AwoX to this customized profile.  It would appear "Sharp" would not work on the model anyways

Edited by Happy2Play

If Emby dlna can't play, can you please tell me if the audio can be transcoded in some way to AAC.
Only movies that have AAC audio can be played through the web browser.

The web browser has a chromium core.

Emby recognizes it as "Chrome Emby Mobile 4.2.1.0"

Edited by vlad72

AAC audio codec work.

DTS audio or DDS audio codec not work - black screen.

Look my screenshots please.

My collection movies are 90% DTS or DDS audio codec.

I suppose the problem is with the web browser, so my question is:
Is it possible to transcode audio in AAC codec?

post-409256-0-60258200-1570904403_thumb.png

post-409256-0-84535200-1570904414_thumb.png

Edited by vlad72

The problem is in the Dlna profile. It is not designed specifically for your TV, because we haven't tested your TV ourselves. It's just a generic Sharp profile and may need some adjustment.

I think tv supports DTS
Here are the results of my tests:

1. test1.mkv (aac.5.1.mkv)
    - video: HEVC
    - audio: AAC LC
        - From USB                                                                   - Play OK
        - From MiniDlna                                                            - No Play (TV message: Unsupported file)
        - From Emby Dlna                                                         - No Play (TV message: Unsupported file)
        - From TV Web Browser Emby(url:local server addr)    - No Play (Black screen)

2. test3.mp4 (dts.5.1.mkv)
    - video: AVC
    - audio: DTS
        - From USB                                                                   - Play OK
        - From MiniDlna                                                            - Play OK
        - From Emby Dlna                                                         - No Play (TV message: Unsupported file)
        - From TV Web Browser Emby(url:local server addr)    - No Play (Black screen)

3. test3.mp4 (und.aac.mp4)
    - video: AVC
    - audio: AAC LC
        - From USB                                                                    - Play OK
        - From MiniDlna                                                             - Play OK
        - From Emby Dlna                                                         - No Play (TV message: Unsupported file)
        - From TV Web Browser Emby(url:local server addr)    - Play OK

Edited by vlad72

Happy2Play

That page is out of the manual for the model you listed.  But there are no browsers that I know of that support DTS.  As for a browser returning a black screen it is hard to say as browser playback should be a totally different playback mechanism then DLNA.   From a DLNA stand point the profile itself would need to be tweak to what the manual shows as supported.

The profile I provided does not have HEVC in direct play.  Add hevc/h265 and adjusted audio and response header. 

Does this one make any difference?

Sharp Smart TV (Customized).xml

Ok, as I said we haven't tested your tv ourselves. Figuring this out is usually a process of trial and error, trying different things until they work.