Playback error no compatible streams

kevinatc

kevinatc

when trying to play some of my videos on my roku, it will just say it's retrieving for ever.  i have to   exit out to the home screen .  if i use Chrome i get the error Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

2019-10-11 17:37:31.057
Emby Server version: 4.2.1.0

App: Roku SG 3.0.175
Family room

http://192.168.1.139:8096/emby/videos/25655/live.m3u8?DeviceId=b79760f6-62d0-5053-8d08-4778d3024324&MediaSourceId=eb95c82079bb359e2cd2c5c3d77fe82f&PlaySessionId=ce261d9d15c942a6b803ab5efb6b97d8&api_key=f37c7bbaa01742d783aeb413502cb4fd&VideoCodec=h264,mpeg1video,mpeg2video,hevc&AudioCodec=aac,mp2,mp3,flac,opus,vorbis,lpcm&VideoBitrate=109808000&AudioBitrate=192000&MaxFramerate=61&MaxWidth=3840&MaxHeight=2160&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=2&SegmentContainer=ts&SegmentLength=3&MinSegments=1&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&h264-maxrefframes=16&h264-videobitdepth=8&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline&h264-level=51&aac-audiochannels=2&flac-audiochannels=2&lpcm-audiochannels=2&mp3-audiochannels=2&mp2-audiochannels=2&vorbis-audiochannels=2&opus-audiochannels=2&TranscodeReasons=VideoCodecNotSupported

{"Protocol":"File","Id":"eb95c82079bb359e2cd2c5c3d77fe82f","Path":"E:\\TV\\Batwoman\\Batwoman.S01E01.iNTERNAL.480p.x264-mSD[eztv].mkv","Type":"Default","Container":"mkv","Size":0,"Name":".S01E01.iNTERNAL.480p.x264-mSD[eztv]","IsRemote":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":false,"MediaStreams":[],"Formats":[],"RequiredHttpHeaders":{},"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false}

User policy for Kevin: EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True

Affected codecs:
>>>>>> libx264 Software Encoder
Color Formats: YUV420P, YUVJ420P, YUV422P, YUVJ422P, YUV444P, YUVJ444P, NV12, NV16, NV21, YUV420P10, YUV422P10, YUV444P10, NV20
Profiles: Baseline Profile (Level 6.2), Main Profile (Level 6.2), High Profile (Level 6.2), High 10 Profile (Level 6.2), High 4:2:2 Profile (Level 6.2), High 4:4:4 Profile (Level 6.2)

>>>>>> FindVideoEncoder - Media: h264, UseHardwareCodecs: True, Mode: Custom
Info FindVideoEncoder - Checking: 'libx264 Software Encoder' (Priority: 0)
Info Encoder supports input stream
Info FindVideoEncoder - Check successful - selecting 'libx264 Software Encoder'

>>>>>> FindVideoEncoder - Media: h264, UseHardwareCodecs: True, Mode: Custom
Info FindVideoEncoder - Checking: 'libx264 Software Encoder' (Priority: 0)
Info Encoder supports input stream
Info FindVideoEncoder - Check successful - selecting 'libx264 Software Encoder'

C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffmpeg.exe -f matroska -i file:"E:\TV\Batwoman\Batwoman.S01E01.iNTERNAL.480p.x264-mSD[eztv].mkv" -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -threads 1 -sn -c:v:0 libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -maxrate 109808000 -bufsize 219616000 -preset veryfast -profile:v:0 high -level:v:0 4.1 -crf 23 -x264opts:0 subme=0:me_range=4:rc_lookahead=10:me=dia:no_chroma_me:8x8dct=0:partitions=none -force_key_frames "expr:gte(t,n_forced*3)" -vf "scale=trunc(min(max(iw\,ih*dar)\,min(3840\,2160*dar))/2)*2:trunc(min(max(iw/dar\,ih)\,min(3840/dar\,2160))/2)*2" -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 aac -disposition:a:0 default -ac:a:0 2 -ab:a:0 192000 -f segment -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -start_at_zero -segment_time 3 -individual_header_trailer 0 -segment_format mpegts -segment_write_temp 1 -segment_list_entry_prefix "hls/088dc8a1befe5e56a872ad041f99ed63/" -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_start_number 0 -segment_list "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\088dc8a1befe5e56a872ad041f99ed63.m3u8" -y "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\088dc8a1befe5e56a872ad041f99ed63%d.ts"

ffmpeg version 4.0.3-emby_2019_04_09-g5abbb1430d+449 Copyright © 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC
built with gcc 8.3.0 (Rev2, Built by MSYS2 project)
Local Time: 17:37:31
T=0.000s
T=0.047s
file:E:\TV\Batwoman\Batwoman.S01E01.iNTERNAL.480p.x264-mSD[eztv].mkv: Permission denied

Playback Error
No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.Playback Error
No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.
Playback Error
Playback Error
No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."
Playback Error
Playback Error

Happy2Play

To me it would appear to be a permissions issue.  

file:E:\TV\Batwoman\Batwoman.S01E01.iNTERNAL.480p.x264-mSD[eztv].mkv: Permission denied

The item above has not Media Info also.  So it would appear Emby was unable to probe this item to get Media Info also.

That's correct. Emby server is being denied access to this file. @@kevinatc Please fix the permissions and then your issue should be resolved. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

kevinatc

where do i find these permisions?  cause i am having this problem with several shows and movies , including ones that worked  before

kevinatc

yes i have tried restart my computer . i have seen this same  error being reported in the forum going back to at least 2017

why is there no FAQ about it?   

Edited by kevinatc

yes i have tried restart my computer . i have seen this same  error being reported in the forum going back to at least 2017

why is there no FAQ about it?   

@@kevinatc

Where do you see that? I don't recall this on an external drive before. There are lots of examples of mapped network drives that disconnect when they idle, thus preventing Emby from being able to access it. I'm sure you can easily find those discussions.

Can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

Are you able to browse to the folders of that drive when this happens, and play the same video using windows media player?

kevinatc

this problem is happening to more and more shows on my emby server.  shows that i have watched before using emby now no longer work,  

Happy2Play

Can you post a server log to see if we see any additional information.  Is it only media on this drive?

pwhodges

On the dashboard, near the bottom of the menu in the Advanced section is the item "Logs".  Click it to show a list of available logs.  You can right click (if viewing in a browser, at least) to save the contents of the relevant logs on your machine and then attach them to a post here (click "More Reply Options" if you're using the quick post pane at the bottom of the page).

Edited by pwhodges

kevinatc

thanks, pwhodges, but none of that is where anything is in chrome.  i have tried to copy past the server logs but it is 55 pages and Chrome, firefox and edge all free when i try to past it on to the forum.  i have just uninstalled the server and reinstalled it and have the same error on even more of my shows and movies,  that i used to have no problems watching .  

pwhodges

Don't open the log; right click on the link to it and select "Save Linked Content As" to save it as a file.  Then add that file to your post, not by copy/pasting the contents, but by using the "Attach Files" dialogue under the post panel (after selecting "More Reply Options" if necessary).

Hi.  Your log files can be directly accessed in the server file system.   Your dashboard tells you where they are.

Thanks.

@@kevinatc are you sure that log file is from when you tried to play? I don't see any playback attempts here. Is there another one you can provide? Thanks !

@@kevinatc, if you haven't resolved this issue yet I can be of assistance to help you out with some remote diagnostic to help get to the bottom of this.

Just send me a private message and we can arrange an Emby Support Session and get this resolved for you.

Carlo