IsMissing Not Returning Items Using TvShowsService

hobointhecorner

hobointhecorner

Hello,

I recently updated my server to version 4.2.1.0, at which point I noticed that PremiereDate was removed from the generic ItemsService API call for TV episodes, soI've been working to update my PowerShell toolkit for querying Emby for missing episodes of TV series.  I've done some work to implement the new TvShowsService endpoint so that I can get those episode properties back (I do a lot of processing on missing episodes based on PremiereDate), and I noticed that setting the IsMissing request parameter to true results in no episodes being returned, regardless of series.  I've confirmed the behavior in both Swagger and my toolkit.

I've confirmed that the missing episodes still appear via both the web UI and the ItemsService API endpoint.  Is there another API endpoint I should be using, am I able to re-add the PremiereDate property to episodes returned from ItemsService using another request parameter, or am I just missing something with my server and/or endpoint request configuration?

Request URL being generated:

https://[DOMAIN]:8920/emby/Shows/34385/Episodes?UserId=[uSER ID]&IsMissing=true&api_key=[API KEY]

PenkethBoy

Couple of things that will help you :) - (tested with beta server)

1. Missing, appears to only work IF you have show missing episodes on and have then run a library scan - remember to turn missing episodes on for the user and for the library first

2. missing episodes have an attribute of "LocationType": "Virtual" - which is another way to filter your results

3. I am getting premiere date for each episode e.g.

......"Name": "Collateral Damage",
      "ServerId": "393d783c30484015a24645f7844060b4",
      "Id": "153613",
      "PremiereDate": "2013-06-08T23:00:00.0000000+00:00",
      "IndexNumber": 2,
      "ParentIndexNumber": 3,.......

4. You can request addition fields (if the exist) in your api call by using &Fields=PremiereDate,Path......... should they be missing from the standard returned item attribute/fields

Have fun

hobointhecorner

Sweet, I've got everything back up and running again using the ItemsService endpoint.  Thank you for the assistance!

I would like to eventually move to using the TvShowsService endpoint for listing episodes by series.  Is there any way to perform a server-side filter on ItemType and/or PremiereDate when using that API endpoint?

PenkethBoy

If there is (i suspect so) then play with the swagger options as the returned data has series/season IDs listed

missing episodes have an attribute of "LocationType": "Virtual" - which is another way to filter your results

Yes this is the property to check. Thanks @@PenkethBoy.