Live TV no longer working

zsurfaraz

zsurfaraz

I noticed my livetv streams stopped working. However when I stream via vlc it works.I can provide logs but would like to pm these, as it contains sensitive information such as username & pw

zsurfaraz

I have attached screenshots. the channel does not play on emby just keeps spinning. whereas on vlc it plays. I have attached the log. I have removed username and password and user directory and replaced with basic values

post-398005-0-87275100-1570823744_thumb.png

post-398005-0-08553300-1570823754_thumb.png

emby log.txt

It's a different error now, which is probably a good thing because I don't think it's an Emby Server problem. Your provider is returning a 401 unauthorized error:

2019-10-13 00:47:52.247 Info HttpClient: Http response 401 

So resolve that and perhaps you'll be good to go.

zsurfaraz

I think the problem maybe something different. I had logged into the local machine with emby, and attached the logs. Basically since I started having IPTV problems, I also could no longer browse to localhost either. When I do all I get is a black screen, to manage this I have to browse from another machine. Please see attached logs and screenshot.

On a side note I have raised a ticket with the iptv provider.

post-398005-0-49069300-1570949906_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

zsurfaraz

Just an update, I am rebuilt emby and restore backups using configuration backup plugin. However issues, are still present with live tv and dashboard. I have restarted a clean build and created users again and currently syncing librarys and activated my premier account. So far dashboard is working fine. Once library is rebuilt I will capture logs and then give the machine a reboot. and capture logs again. if the dashboard works fine i will then try live TV setup in 2 stages, first just m3u link. and test. if that works I will then go onto doing epg. At each step I will capture logs and update.

zsurfaraz

Hi Luke,

Seems that there were 2 different elements overlapping each other. 

After fresh install with newly created users, and awaiting for 10 hours for library sync on the new emby beta release (not sure if that is due to the size of my media library). I could still access emby dashboard on the local host perfectly even after a reboot. I am guessing it might have something to do with my backed up config not sure. Should I use config backup plugin or do the manual way stated in github?

The next step was to re-add m3u link and try and stream channels, after doing this I noticed that some channels would stream others wouldn't. I went and checked the ticket raised with the provider and it seems they have been affected by some hack and are still trying to recover. So I will await till trying this again. I will await for service provider to confirm all is resolved before trying to progress any further. I will keep you posted about this, but I suspect you were right, there is an issue with the provider.

Should I use config backup plugin

The backup plugin should be fine.

Thanks for the feedback.