MediaCentre keeps exiting

jhs39

jhs39

Media Browser++ for Roku seems to have turned into MediaCentre.  The interface is nice and the inclusion of channels (which I haven't tried yet) is cool but every time I play a music album it seems like MediaCentre auto exits when done and I have to go back into MediaCentre to play something else.  Is there a setting that I'm missing?  I think I've gone into the app 10 times since this morning and I haven't intentionally come out of it once.  

im85288

Hi thanks for the report, it's a bug that will be fixed in the next version.

• Like 1

skidmarks

Not only is music kicking me back to the roku menu 98% of my trailers are doing it also.

Graphics / theme keeps getting better and better! Didnt think 4 months ago that the roku hardware could support what you have now accomplished. Becoming some serious eye candy.

Thanks for taking the time to keep rasing the bar!

im85288

Is this happening viewing Trailers via Channels or the older way via the Movies section?

As for raising the bar, thanks I think it's now (once the bugs are fixed) at a level where there's nothing more to add. Eye candy was always lacking badly on the roku clients.

skidmarks

Trailers for movies that are in a movie folder (moviename-trailer). I will be honest with you that I have not done my due diligence on this problem yet, but pretty sure it started with the last update.

Select play trailer

Trailer plays

trailer ends

flashes of purple black red

back to roku main menu in a few seconds

I will do my trouble shooting today and try to narrow it down better. I know it is not a codec issue.

Thanks

Edited by skidmarks
  • Like 1

im85288

A new version 1.12 was released last night, it should fix the Music problem. If you can confirm it worked that would be good.

@@skidmarks - I found the issue with local trailers and that will get put into version 1.13 so please report back if it's still an issue in that version.

• Like 1

skidmarks

Checked out music library... Good on my end! Glad you got the trailer problem figured out as well. So many movies, people ask what is this movie about... Let them watch the trailer and decide if they want to watch it.

Thanks!

jhs39

The music library problem seems to be fixed--I'm not getting kicked out of the channel anymore after every album ends.  I'm not sure if it's a trend and it's a minor thing but the two albums I played so far--Media Centre wasn't able to refresh the album artwork after the album ended--I just got a white square with a round arrow in the middle instead of the cover.  Maybe that won't happen with the album I'm playing now.  It's a pretty minor annoyance at best anyway.

A more significant one--why does Media Centre revert to default settings when it updates?  Is there any reason it can't maintain my preferences?

im85288

A more significant one--why does Media Centre revert to default settings when it updates?  Is there any reason it can't maintain my preferences?

It happens as far as I know when a different key is made when making the package...I'll try and make sure to use the same key in the future :)

• Like 1

woznicbh

I am getting kicked out of the app every time I try to play any media that was not put there by the organize files service in MB3. I have local news recorded and I download the colbert report, and daily show but I am unable to watch any of them as I get kicked to the home menu. If you need server details to connect just PM me and I can give them to you.

woznicbh

Also, I just tried to watch the movie "Kung Fu Hustle" from my roku and it actually causes my whole roku to reboot. I am however able to play the same movie with the regular Media Browser roku client.

Also as an enhancement idea. I have a lot of media and I know some of it has to transcode to play on the roku. Is it possible in the detials screen for a show or movie if you could put (same line as movie rating) what format the movie/tv show is, and if it will directly stream or trancode to the roku. This will not only help me find and re-encode those movies/shows so they directly stream but my also give me insight into why some movies/tv shows load slowly or lag.

Thanks again!

im85288

PM Sent thanks, for the transcoding info you can press Down when the movies playing. I did add the format for Music in the new details screen as it now can handle the FLAC format without transcoding.

skidmarks

Uh oh... Noticed friday, but outof town till tonight. Crashed hard selecting view latest in the movie list. Back 2 roku menu and will not let me back into media centre. Period notta. The light version still remains fully functioal. If I uninstall the channel and reinstall it will start, but crash out again using the latest option.

fyi... not worried, using light version for now, thanks

• Like 1

im85288

I just cannot reproduce this :( Will keep an eye out for it though as I can easily switch between Latest/Resume/Favourites with no crashing

skidmarks

I can open the ports on my router if needed... but living in the middle of BFE my down and up speeds are awful. At night I told my ISP I should put my 56k modem back in and run my old bbs server.

im85288

Yeah that'll be great thanks, version 1.15 is on the way with fixes to allow the TuneIn channel to play and background music playing. So please try that version first as It may resolve it.