Emby Server on Nvidia Shield TV 2017 keeps shutting down

ivangs

Can you please turn it back on, then try again and attach the ffmpeg log? thanks.

Did you find what is the problem with this?

I have also noticed that i must manually restart the server every time when i wake up the NVIDIA

Edited by ivangs

There's an issue specific to transcoding mpeg4/xvid that we're looking into. Thanks.

Thank you.

Please inform when you have a solution.

Edited by ivangs

The dropbox one was a specific build i made for someone to test. You should always use the official betas unless we are working together on something and I give you a specific build for a specific reason. Thanks.

The dropbox one was a specific build i made for someone to test. You should always use the official betas unless we are working together on something and I give you a specific build for a specific reason. Thanks.

Ok - Thank you.

I will test with last official beta inform about the result.

shackbill

In case this could be helpful, im also having this issue so ive attached my latest logs. 

Ive had some additional odd behavior for quite some time.

when i try to watch a movie on any of various devices (Shield, Samsung TV, AppleTV) the first time i attempt to view a show, i just get the circle indefinitely. I then back out of the app completely then immediately return, select the same show and it starts streaming straight away. Happens almost every time i try to watch a show.

Pre-Shutdown30Oct2230ish.txt

Shutdown30Oct2230ish.txt

prunhardt

when i try to watch a movie on any of various devices (Shield, Samsung TV, AppleTV) the first time i attempt to view a show, i just get the circle indefinitely. I then back out of the app completely then immediately return, select the same show and it starts streaming straight away. Happens almost every time i try to watch a show.

This issue got solved for me after installation of server version 4.3.0.11, weeks ago. I am still running on that version without any issues.

4.3.0.11 also helps to keep the Emby server from shutting down (please note: my Shield is set to "Always on").

Edited by prunhardt

shackbill

well i couldnt seem to find a server release for 4.3.0.11 so i downloaded and installed the latest BETA 4.3.0.17 - and of course now my server wont start  :(

prunhardt

Sorry to hear this.

In your case, I'd try to uninstall Emby server after copying the system files to a save location, then re-install the latest beta, try if it starts, then restore the copied system files, and see what happens then.

Plan B could be that I send you the 4.3.0.11 install file by sharing a link or so (can do that tonight). If that's a plan, please send me a PM with your mail address and I will send you a link (or the file) tonight. 

shackbill

perhaps i should start a new thread but since this seems to be related i will add it here...

So, i got the latest install (4.3.0.17) and it wouldnt start either. so i completely UNINSTALLED emby and did a clean install. 4.3.0.17 now starts. Until i restore my last backup. Then it wont start again. So i Uninstalled/Reinstalled again but this time i unchecked System Configuration when i Restored from backup. Same problem - wont start. 

Any advice so i dont have to recreate my entire library and meta structure again.

Edited by shackbill

We found the mpeg4 problem and that's been resolved for the next release. Thanks.

Thank you - will test it as soon it is available

Do you expect that will fix the issue with me not being able to restart the server after i restored the backup?

No that's unrelated. Most likely the backup contains something that the new install doesn't like. Was the backup also created by the android server?