Emby Server on Nvidia Shield TV 2017 keeps shutting down

ivangs

shackbill

the backups are created using the EMBY Backup plugin.. so yes.  So that means i basically have to rebuild the entire server. which means making backups are a waste of time?

shackbill

its a scheduled backup using the EMby server Plugin on the shield tv saving to NAS share. Am i not understanding your question??

post-373565-0-07939100-1572669163_thumb.png

Edited by shackbill

shackbill

@#$%^&* Ok so i had a clean install, created 4 new libraries. Was working fine. Added the following Plugins: Auto Box Sets, Server COnfig Backup, and Cover Art. Had to restart for Plugins. Now the Server wont restart again! Did a restart of the shield as well. Emby still wont start.

edit:  Ok..i manually deleted the plugin DLLs frm the plugins folder and replaced individually. The Cover Art plugin (4.1.8) is causing my server to not restart. Ive removed it and everything else is working. I think i will try an earlier version to see if one will work. Will report back.

post-373565-0-94861000-1572710102_thumb.png

Edited by shackbill

shackbill

just finished testing all plugins available (down to 4.0. 99?) and i cant get the Emby services to start if any of the Cover Art versions are installed. I also tried deleting some other Plugins such as Backup COnfig, Emby Studio Images, trailers, and cinema mode in case of potential conflict. NOthing fixes for me. I will run with no COver Art plugin but im bummed as it is my favorite plugin.

• 2 weeks later...

trying to remain patient and not be a nuisance but any idea when Cover Art plugin will be fixed?   :unsure:

The crashes are coming from the Skia graphics library we're using. At this point all we can do is wait and try new versions as they become available, or possibly consider simplifying the CoverArt feature set so that we're no longer trying to use whatever is causing the crash.

Which one?

There is only one button now - "Stop server" when i open Emby server for android and it is in front of button Open server in browser.

In previous versions it was toggle button

Edited by ivangs

Ok that's not happening for me. Did you try the shutdown button in the web interface? How does that compare?

Ok that's not happening for me. Did you try the shutdown button in the web interface? How does that compare?

I have tried with web interface and i can stop it.

On Nvidia when i press STOP SERVER button the application force closes.

Then when again i open Emby server it automatically starting immediately without asking.