Web app becomes unresponsive with 1000+ songs playlists

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

While using mobile data, the web app becomes unresponsive if I enter to a playlist with 1000+ songs.

There is nothing else I can do than to close the Google Chrome tab, reopen it and not enter the playlist again to avoid the aforementioned problem.

This doesn't happen with my home WiFi, though I will need to test an external WiFi connection to see if it's the same.

Happy2Play

Depending on your mobile data it can take awhile at it is loading every item on the play list.  I just opened a music playlist with 3215 tracks on my cellphone browser with relatively no issue.  But yes it is somewhat unresponsive with that many item.

Edited by Happy2Play

Richard Branches

Depending on your mobile data it can take awhile at it is loading every item on the play list.  I just opened a music playlist with 3215 tracks on my cellphone browser with relatively no issue.  But yes it is somewhat unresponsive with that many item.

Now that you mention that, I obviously wait one or two minutes to see what happens but unfortunately the part of the screen of the web app stops responding, except the top bar where all the tabs are, so I am able to close it and start all over again.

Happy2Play

That is the major cost of load all item.  Hopefully when we get eventually virtual scrolling and it alleviates issues like these.

The libraries benefit from the 100 item page limits in situations like this.

Richard Branches

That is the major cost of load all item.  Hopefully when we get eventually virtual scrolling and it alleviates issues like these.

The libraries benefit from the 100 item page limits in situations like this.

Thanks for the information.

Richard Branches

The web app currently has some issues with large lists. We are working on improving it. Thanks.

Thank you.