Returning to playback after receiving a call

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

I was watching Rick and Morty, received a call which paused emby, then when I returned to emby after the call the player was stuck in portrait and would not resume (pressing play does nothing). I tried pressing the android home button then returned to the app but it was still stuck.

Pressing back within emby, then restarting playback worked to return things to normal.

-image removed-

Emby for android v3.0.82

Android 8.0.0

Edited by darkassassin07

Z4ng3tsu

Experiencing the same thing. Everytime I go out of the app and I come back, I can't resume the playback I was watching.

And as said, killing the app then restarting it works fine

• 5 weeks later...
darkassassin07

This appears to be fixed on Emby for android v3.0.87

Receiving a call while video is playing causes playback to pause and the phone app takes focus. Then when the call ends, emby returns to fullscreen and resumes playback correctly.

The only problem I'm having with returning to playback now is when you've switched apps bringing up the pic-in-pic player then return to emby via it's app icon as described in this thread.

• 4 months later...
gallaamstart

May i also state this behavior with my devices?

When playing music and a call comes in, it pauses automatically. But after hanging up it stays paused or even when more than 2 minutes long call it kills the playback completely.

Huawei P10 with Android 9.

rechigo

This seems to be the same issue as I reported here a couple months ago:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/81694-playback-locks-up-after-inactivity/

some additional info: this doesn't happen if you pause a video and keep the app open with the screen turned on, if you turn the screen off or switch to another app, the mpv player is terminated and the only way to resume playback is to start it over again

Edited by rechigo

rechigo

Unless I missed something, this has been resolved in 3.1.12 beta

Thank you Luke, I can listen to my music without interruptions at last.

Edited by rechigo