"Cancel Recording" not being respected

lightsout

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Loefamily said:

Thanks for the responses, I will test this out over the weekend and let you know the results

Great, thanks !

kanipek
On 1/18/2022 at 10:03 AM, Loefamily said:

@Luke,  I'm reading symptoms of different issues.  If I understand correctly, there is 1) the task scheduler behavior discussed by @GavinAshford and 2) the canceled recordings still being recorded discussed by@lightsout

I understand you clarified that the task scheduler items not being cleaned up should not impact the canceled recordings. However, I don't see the solution for the second issue being addressed here.

@cayars

I personally am still seeing the second behavior (canceled single episodes of a series recording are still recording). 

Example: 

1. Find "College Basketball" on guide and set series recording for any channel, any time, new episodes
  2. Check schedule and see many games are now set to record.
  3. I then 'cancel' individual recordings from the schedule (Live TV -> Schedule -> Open each UNdesired episode and select "Do not record")
    1. Cancel some for same day ("today episodes")
    2. Cancel some for future days ("future episodes")
  4. Observations:
    1. All canceled Individual episodes will no longer show on schedule, nor will it show as "recording" when viewed on guide (seems correct/expected)
    2. If I then do nothing else, the episode will still record (unexpected bahavior).
    3. If I then do nothing else, the next day, the "future episodes" are back on the schedule  as if I never canceled them (unexpected behavior)
    4. However, if after canceling the "today episodes", I restart Emby server from the dashboard, the episodes will NOT record that day. (not-so-user-friendly workaround)
      1. UNLESS enough time has passed: I have also seen episodes I canceled the same day, show back up on the schedule (It isn't clear to me if this is after X number of hours, or if the schedule is refreshed by some triggered event)
  5. This results in having to go in each day and cancel the games (episodes) I don't need recorded and restart Emby at a time it happens to be idle and is close enough to the game times to NOT be automatically re-scheduled again.   Sure, I could cancel the series and only set the games I WANT recorded but that is also challenging to stay on top of for different reasons.

Attached screenshots were taken to show as examples (order by timestamp).

Photos.zip 1.96 MB · 1 download

I have had this exact same issue you describe for QUITE a long time. I use the web interface.

Loefamily

Unfortunately, my 'light' testing over the weekend confirmed I have the same behavior whether using the mobile app or web interface to cancel the individual occurrences.

• 1 year later...

I was about to report this problem, but checked first to see if it had already been reported. I was finding it a little puzzling when I cancelled a particular recording in a series but it recorded anyway. It's good to see the workaround though, I'll be doing that. Thanks kanipek!

emdubya77

If a recording was scheduled as a 'movie' or a single episode, the 'do not record' function cancels it immediately.

If a recording was scheduled by a series link or keyword, 'do not record' will remove the episode from the schedule but a guide refresh is required to confirm it - this will also schedule the next repeat of the same episode, if applicable. Without the guide refresh the episode will still record, even though it didn't appear in schedule view.

This is the behaviour I've observed for 3+ years. It can be tedious, especially if the recording is due to start soon, but I just assumed it was normal.