NextPVR plugin - wont play LiveTV streams

rrroonn

rrroonn

Setup:

• NextPVR 4.2.4 (190307) server on Windows 10 (running as service)
  • NextPVR Emby plugin in Emby
  • HDHomerun Connect 4 tuner
  • I have installed Emby using Docker on OpenMediaVault.

All versions are current.

I am using PLEX  and PlexConnect  and NextPVR with KODI and this works with NextPVR.

I am looking to move to Emby and have Emby Premiere subscription.

Problem:

The problem is that Emby does not play liveTV from NextPVR. 

• The guide is present and working
  • Recordings are present and working
  • In chrome and edge, I just get a spinner if I try playing a liveTV channel
  • In the Android TV app, I get an immediate notification that it could not tune the channel.

Using the HDHomerun natively in Emby allows me to play liveTV.

I have tried changing the nextpvr web ui - no change.

I have disabled the windows 10 firewall to test if this was the problem, but it still does not play.

I have enabled debug logging and attached what I hope are relevant logs.

post-522685-0-33305400-1570429877_thumb.jpg

post-522685-0-41981200-1570429884_thumb.jpg

post-522685-0-14104200-1570429899_thumb.jpg

post-522685-0-85511600-1570429891_thumb.jpg

Appreciate your assistance.

thank you,

Ron

embyserver.txt

arrbee99

Just wondering if you're using Emby stable or beta server ? For me I can't Live TV to work in the beta version, but does using the stable.

You'll quite possibly be asked why you're using NextPVR at all if your Homerun works fine directly in Emby - something to do with getting an (Australian ?) guide maybe...

Know nowt about Docker and OpenMediaVault, sorry.

• Like 1

rrroonn

Thanks for the reply.

Just wondering if you're using Emby stable or beta server ? 

I am using v4.2.1.0 of Emby.

You'll quite possibly be asked why you're using NextPVR at all if your Homerun works fine directly in Emby - something to do with getting an (Australian ?) guide maybe...

It works fine ... except for one channel.  9Life is a bit dodgy in Queensland and it displays in 4:3 aspect when I use it direct from HDHomeRun in Emby (unless I transcode).  In Kodi its not a problem as I can change the pixel ratio but I cant do that in Emby.  Also the guide issue, but that is solvable using XML sources.

Obviously what I am trying, should and can work, I just need to get the right level of expertise involved.  I have done a fair bit of googling but haven't come close to an answer.

rrroonn

Well, I did a bit more playing around and it seems to be working. 

-- I 'think' it was 'Refresh Guide' that did it, but cannot be sure.

Also seems to fix my aspect ratio problem for 9Life.

thanks,

Ron

arrbee99

Thats good news. I use NextPVR and its generally good stuff, though it doesn't help that I'm on dvb-s, so no Homerun for me.

Think its recommended / suggested for Emby to run a guide update a bit after the NPVR scheduled guide update, so if NPVR is scheduled for 11pm, schedule Emby for 11.15 (or whatever).

• Like 1

emveepee

I checked and that log didn't even show a live tv playback attempt to NextPVR so it is hard to debug the problem.   The way the plugin works though there is no dependency between the guide update and live tv playback so it should work even with stale data, unless perhaps channel maintenance was done in NextPVR after the connection to Emby was established.

Martin

It seems like he has also setup emby native support, because the playback failure appears to be coming from that. Is that correct?

• Like 1

rrroonn

I checked and that log didn't even show a live tv playback attempt to NextPVR so it is hard to debug the problem.   The way the plugin works though there is no dependency between the guide update and live tv playback so it should work even with stale data, unless perhaps channel maintenance was done in NextPVR after the connection to Emby was established.

Martin

Not sure about why it was not showing.  I enabled debug logging, restarted server, tried to play live channel and then grabbed the latest log file.  Maybe I stuffed up somewhere - who knows.

No channel maintenance was done. 

So, I guess the answer is unknown. 

Thanks for looking that this @@emveepee - probably not worth any more attention.

rrroonn

It seems like he has also setup emby native support, because the playback failure appears to be coming from that. Is that correct?

Yes, I did try that first, though I I thought I did remove that before trying the NextPVR plugin.  Not sure about that any more.  But it could explain the problem.  

Edited by rrroonn

Can you restart the server, try again, and provide a new log? Thanks.

Hi Luke,

Given that it is now working and I have made a lot of changes, it is probably a pointless exercise.

I am grateful for the support!

Ron