Gamebrowser - Game appearing under wrong system & identify not working

Losey

In the process of updating my libraries after migrating to a portable installation, I noticed one of my Xbox games appearing under the wrong console (only one game, the rest in its directory are showing up appropriately). Amusingly, which console it appeared under changed with the last console I updated the contents of and scanned.

5d9a8fc9b176f_WhyThough.jpg

Note: I've been using the Gamebrowser plugin as a reference for games I own physical copies of using dummy files.

Additionally, and to my confusion, it would seem that emby is no longer able to identify games using my gamesdb login or pull metadata on them, even if I manually add the gamesdb id to the xml and refresh it. Even titles that I'd previously added/had identified don't show a link to their corresponding gamesdb page like movies and shows do for their moviedb or tvdb pages. Am I doing it wrong? How do I get it to work correctly?

Lastly, I imagine this is due to me using dummy files (empty files with appropriate names and extensions), but the system is marking all of my games as "played" automatically. Any remedies/suggestions to fix that? I used to track whether I'd beaten a game this way.

Hi there, what is the folder structure? How did you set them up in library setup?

@@shaefurr

Here are some screenshots. I put the dummy file (*.iso, *.disc, or whatever emby was willing to recognize) in a folder with a filename of "%gametitle% (%releaseyear%)", and a copy of the game's cover art named "poster", as shown in the "Games-directory" attachment. Each folder was nested in another named for the game console, as shown in the "library-setup" attachment. Meanwhile, the overall emby library directed to the overall directory containing all, as shown in the "Games-library" attachment.

Note: some of my consoles didn't have appropriate identifiers in the gamebrowser setup, so I used the next-closest ones as appropriate. Also threw in tabletop games for giggles.

Edit: Should mention, I typed a random short string of text in most of the dummy files to give them a little differentiation.

post-54513-0-26548400-1570413024_thumb.jpg

post-54513-0-64824200-1570413034_thumb.jpg

post-54513-0-45059100-1570413202_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luke

• 3 weeks later...
shaefurr

To the first issue: Can you post the contents of the game.xml for Full Spectrum Warrior (2004)? You're folder structure seems solid so that shouldn't be the issue, curious why that one game is populating under another platform.

To the second: Didn't the gamesdb API change a while back? I thought I read that somewhere on the forums, I don't currently have GB setup so I can't test it. But if so that might be the issue. I don't have a day off until next weekend but I can set GB up to check it then.

To the third: I'm not sure on that one, im not certain on how emby marks items for watched status.

Edited by shaefurr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@@Losey are you able to do this?

To the first issue: Can you post the contents of the game.xml for Full Spectrum Warrior (2004)? You're folder structure seems solid so that shouldn't be the issue, curious why that one game is populating under another platform.

To the second: Didn't the gamesdb API change a while back? I thought I read that somewhere on the forums, I don't currently have GB setup so I can't test it. But if so that might be the issue. I don't have a day off until next weekend but I can set GB up to check it then.

To the third: I'm not sure on that one, im not certain on how emby marks items for watched status.

Apologies, busy month and I forgot to check back in. Here's the contents of the "Full Spectrum Warrior (2004).xml" file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <Players>2</Players>
  <GameSystem>MicrosoftXBox</GameSystem>
  <ContentRating>M</ContentRating>
  <Added>12/4/2016 7:09:57 PM</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <Type>XboxGame</Type>
  <Overview><![CDATA[In Full Spectrum Warrior, you take on the role of commander of two squads of the United States military, Alpha and Bravo, as you guide them in the fictional country of Zekistan on a mission to capture or kill the terrorist Al Afad.

In the game, you don't directly control your troops. You don't take aim at a target and shoot, and you don't circle-strafe around enemies. Instead, you tell your squad what to do, and they'll do it. It's like a real-time strategy game. You can tell your two squads to do numerous things, such as hide behind a wall, take cover behind a car, lob a grenade, fire off a rocket, or attack a target. You will need to utilize both squads to be successful. For example, you can have Alpha squad hide behind a car and lay down covering fire at a target that you can't directly kill, giving Bravo squad cover so they may cross open terrain, and get into a position where they will be able to kill the enemy.

The game takes place in one locations, a Middle Eastern country, that's split up into several areas. You'll have to make your way through parks, an airport, city streets, and even some buildings. Throughout the country are many terrorists, all of whom are trying to kill you. You have four members on each squad; the Team Leader, Automatic Rifleman, Grenadier and Rifleman. Each plays a unique role.

Full Spectrum Warrior supports Xbox Live, where two players can play through the single player campaign. Instead of controlling both squads, one player controls Alpha while the other controls Bravo.]]></Overview>
  <LocalTitle>Full Spectrum Warrior</LocalTitle>
  <PremiereDate>2004-06-01</PremiereDate>
  <ProductionYear>2004</ProductionYear>
  <GamesdbId>18914</GamesdbId>
  <Genres>
    <Genre>Shooter</Genre>
  </Genres>
  <Studios>
    <Studio>THQ</Studio>
    <Studio>Institute for Creative Technologies, Pandemic Studios</Studio>
  </Studios>
</Item>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Mitchellgoodman

I had the same problem, felt uncomfortable because the game did not work.

I downloaded games and apps at https://gamestoremobi.com and a few of the games during the library update also appeared under the wrong console. Unfortunately, some of my favorite games are

Edited by Mitchellgoodman

I had the same problem, felt uncomfortable because the game did not work

Hi, did you resolve it?

• 2 months later...
DarkAngel81

I am having the same issue, one Wii game in the GameCube library. It appears to be that the first game in the last library added, shows up in the newest library added.

On 7/26/2020 at 3:03 AM, DarkAngel81 said:

I am having the same issue, one Wii game in the GameCube library. It appears to be that the first game in the last library added, shows up in the newest library added.

Hi there, how are your games named and organized?

DarkAngel81

Games folder path mnt>gdrive>Games>"System Folder">"Game Folder">"Game"

Names are regioned rom names e.g., Afterburner (USA).nes

On 7/28/2020 at 9:53 AM, DarkAngel81 said:

Games folder path mnt>gdrive>Games>"System Folder">"Game Folder">"Game"

Names are regioned rom names e.g., Afterburner (USA).nes

What folder did you add to emby library setup as your games folder?

• 1 month later...
On 26/07/2020 at 17:03, DarkAngel81 said:

Ditto. Seems to only affect 1 game and chucks it into the newest platform added. 

Emby library like so:

Home > Game Library > gc

Folder structure like so:

Games/gc/Spider-Man/Spider-Man.iso
Games/gc/Super Smash Bros. Melee/Super Smash Bros. Melee.iso

etc

Games show up fine in Emby no problem. Added a Wii folder.

Home > Game Library > gc
Home > Game Library > wii

Games/wii/Wii Sports [RSPE01]/Wii Sports [RSPE01].wbfs
Games/wii/Wii Sports Resort [RZTE01]/Wii Sports Resort [RZTE01].wbfs

etc

However now in Wii's system view Spider-man (GC) is hanging out under the Wii platform. It still has "gc" written under it so it knows it's in the wrong place. 

I deleted the library, readded gc and wii in the same order. Same thing happened. So I ignored it and continued on, adding a DS system.

Home > Game Library > gc
Home > Game Library > wii
Home > Game Library > nds

Games/wii/Wii Sports [RSPE01]/Wii Sports [RSPE01].wbfs
Games/wii/Wii Sports Resort [RZTE01]/Wii Sports Resort [RZTE01].wbfs
Games/nds/Children of Mana/Children of Mana.nds
Games/nds/Chrono Trigger/Chrono Trigger.nds

etc

Spider-man (gc) is now in the DS system in Emby (and missing from the gc (and wii) system).

image.png.4d5ae985181d9ce993e32f79b12d291d.png

Ultimately not the end of the world, but a bit of a annoying bug that's easy to reproduce. 

Edited by Nebarik

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Vidman

i also have 1 game appearing in under the wrong system. and no identfy/metadata content 

freenas 4.5.4.0

Edited by Vidman

• 2 years later...
Kamlatro_Pandro

I'm experiencing a similar problem with one Wii game in the GameCube library. It seems that the first game in the last added library appears in the recently added library.

18 hours ago, Kamlatro_Pandro said:

I'm experiencing a similar problem with one Wii game in the GameCube library. It seems that the first game in the last added library appears in the recently added library.

Hi, can you show a screenshot example? Thanks.