Bildmaterial in den Medienverzeichnissen speichern

EliteCube

EliteCube

@@Happy2Play

@@cayars

Hi,

I want to save the pictures in the media directories.
My question:

My media HDDs go to standby when I open the browser and the covers etc are displayed, read from the HDDs or are all the images cached and read from the system folder?
The 8TB disks have a long startup time. If these are read by the HDD, then nothing would be displayed for 1 minute. Therefore, I ask from where the images are read at Browser call.

thanks

Edited by Luke

• 3 weeks later...

Emby can store them in the media drive but also cache the pictures in it's cache drive.

Curious, is there a reason you power down your drives?

This is just personal of course, but I don't let me drives power down but keep them spinning.  I do this for a few reasons.

1) don't like to wait

2) extra electric cost is insignificant

3) I've found higher failure rate on drives that spin/up down often vs always spinning.  This goes for other drives in the cabinet as well because drives spinning up/down vibrate more than drives always spinning.

EliteCube

Emby can store them in the media drive but also cache the pictures in it's cache drive.

Curious, is there a reason you power down your drives?

This is just personal of course, but I don't let me drives power down but keep them spinning.  I do this for a few reasons.

1) don't like to wait

2) extra electric cost is insignificant

3) I've found higher failure rate on drives that spin/up down often vs always spinning.  This goes for other drives in the cabinet as well because drives spinning up/down vibrate more than drives always spinning.

Hello, thanks for your message.

Emby is mostly used only from 7 to 11 PM. The rest of the time, the server is only in standby. I think so the HDD lives longer in standby-mode for 20 hours a day ;)

go in the standby-mode I also put 1.5 hours. Once "wake up" only needs ~ 5 seconds for the first movie / file (Toshiba N300 NAS HDDs)

in this setting i have only 1 wake-up a day

Hi,

Therefore, I ask from where the images are read at Browser call.

@@EliteCube

They are read on demand from your media directories, then resized for the Emby app that requested the image, and then the resized version is saved locally with the server for future use.