Thumbnails Music (MP3s)

FalconX
Go to solution Solved by FalconX,

FalconX

Ich habe meine MP3s folgendermaßen sortiert:

Interpret (Ordner)

- XYZ - 2019 - Album (Ordner)

In Emby werden aber kaum Interpreten erkannt, bzw. bekomme ich keine Bilder für die meisten angezeigt. Wie kommt das?

Was wäre sonst eine bessere Ordnerstruktur um meine Musiksammlung in Emby darzustellen?

Am liebsten wäre mir die Ordner Ansicht mit Thumbnails zum jeweiligen Interpreten, hier bekomme ich jedoch garkeine Thumbnails.

Edited by FalconX

FalconX

Kurzes Update: nachdem der Scan der Bibliothek abgeschlossen war, sind auch im Verzeichnismodus Thumbnails zu sehen.

Trotzdem verwunderlich, das manche Interpreten nicht erkannt werden, so ist z.B. David Bowie Emby scheinbar unbekannt.

Nochmal ein Update: habe jetzt auch nochmal Airsonic installiert, dort wird wesentlich mehr erkannt (auch bei den Alben).
Schade, Emby ist ansonsten für Filme unschlagbar, auch gefällt mir das Interface vom Emby wesentlich besser als das von Airsonic.

Werde jetzt wohl mit 2 Programmen arbeiten: Emby für Filme, Airsonic für Musik.

Sofern ich irgendwas in Emby vergessen habe, wäre ich trotzdem dankbar, wenn mich jemand darauf hinweisen würde. Habe auch nochmal das LastFM Plugin installiert, hat aber auch nicht merklich viel mehr Unterschied gemacht. Bei Musicbrainz müßte ja eigentlich auch alles bekannt sein. Ein Discogs Addon wäre ansonsten vielleicht noch nett.

Und sollte man einen Haken bei Screengrabber bei Musikdateien machen? - Gehe mal davon aus, das dies nur für Videos ist, oder? (Habe den Haken jedenfalls raus genommen)

Edited by FalconX

Hi there, what do you mean by not recognized? Why do you think David Bowie is not recognized?

Happy2Play

Hi there, what do you mean by not recognized? Why do you think David Bowie is not recognized?

Do artist images come from FanArt and AudioDB? I see MusicBrainz and Last.fm listed as a provider but have not seen any images from them.

Is AudioDB active in all platforms?

I would prefer the folder view with thumbnails to the respective artist, but I do not get any thumbnails.

This may be the problem since Emby no longer stores images in this structure. You have to manually add / apply images in your artist folder. The image is in the artist tab does not apply to the Folders tab.

Edited by Happy2Play

FalconX

In folder view I see all my albums, many with thumbnails, some are without, for example David Bowie.

Folder structure "David Bowie" inside this folder "David Bowie - 2002 - Best Of".

In comparison to other folders I see for "David Bowie" just the folder icon (no thumbnail) - that's what I've meant, with it's not recognized.

Nevertheless "David Bowie - 2002 - Best Of" is recognized with this picture from fanart.tv (also in album view) - https://fanart.tv/fanart/music/5441c29d-3602-4898-b1a1-b77fa23b8e50/artistbackground/bowie-david-5543dbddd58fe.jpg

Actually I would expect to see the album cover and not the fanart.

Enabled Plugins for

MusicAlbum & MusicArtist Metadata:

- lastfm

- MusicBrainz

- The AudioDB

MusicAlbum & MusicArtist Image fetchers:

- lastfm

- MusicBrainz

- Fanart

- The AudioDB

Nfo & Image Extractor is set to on.

Does it makes a difference if I change the order of the Metadata & Image fetchers?

(At least I would think it wouldn't change something).

• 3 weeks later...

Does it makes a difference if I change the order of the Metadata & Image fetchers?

@@FalconX, yes it does, because the last.fm fetcher is based on musicbrainz id's. So you need the musicbrainz id filled in first before last.fm can find anything.

• 1 month later...

Still doesn't work so well, I have tagged everything correctly and added covers, when they were missing. Can I tell emby to use the information provided in the Tags?

By default it seems emby ignores the Tags and Covers inside the Mp3s

• Solution

Sorry, my mistake I've accessed my emby server via the App from outside of my home. It seems the scanning of the library wasn't finished at this time.

Everything working good now. Excellent App!

• Like 1