Mis-saving show

Erik

Hi,

I have a TV show "Still Standing" (2015 starting show) set to record within Emby (Using Emby Guide Data) and the guide data/series tab all show the correct show (as there is a 2002 show by the same name) and the correct picture.

However, after a recording, emby keeps saving it into a folder "Still Standing (2002)" even though its the 2015 show and there is a "Still Standing (2015)" folder i had manually created the first time to identify the show correctly.

Why does emby see it as the 2015 show until it saves it, then chooses the 2002 one instead? How can i fix this for future recordings?

Thanks,

Erik

Edited by Erik

I will wait till Tuesday when another episode records so I can get logs appropriate to the problem and not hide ones to dig through.

Thanks.

Hi @@Luke

Logs PM'd from 2 nights of the same show recording (as a series) and correctly depicted in the guide/Schedule. But the metadata has creates another folder. "Still Standing" without a year, identifies it as from 2002 instead of 2015 and even mixes the images it downloads...poster correct, fanart/backdrop/.. incorrect.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks.

If there's no year in the folder name then there's no point in debugging the identification.

Just do a search on tvdb. It's more or less random which one you will get back first.

I have the folder “Still standing (2015” in the recording folder that I manually created and moved the shows into.

Each recording however makes a new folder without a year the last couple times. And yesterday’s recording made a “Still standing (2002)” folder, which is not the correct show.

Not sure if that’s guide related or what? But as I said, the guide shows it with the image and description correctly for the 2015 show.

Edited by Erik

Ok, understood. Just creates an annoyance having to manually move the files everyday just to get it to have the metadata correct.

Maybe a future idea of being about to identify a series in the series recording tab or that could correct guide data errors?

Thanks again.