Anyway to change to 24p in MBC?

DigiTM

DigiTM

I was wondering if there is anyway to have the screen change to 24p on content when played in MBC in MediaCentre?  Tried MB Theatre and that does it with MADVR, but I am still preferring Mediacentre.  Also when playing I cannot get the MADVR icon to show.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  There used to be a Mediacentre plugin that changed the refresh rate but I cannot seem to find it now.

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/10/refresh-rate-changer-for-windows-7-media-center.html

Edited by DigiTM

steelman1991

The only way I know is through either an external player, or with 'Media Control' plug-in (which I could never get to work effectively). Don't think it is in active development either.

ebr had a stab at it a few weeks back, but I guess couldn't get it too work. Only software I know which does it natively is MyMovies (at a cost of $100.00, or contribution points to that level).

AdrianW

I'm using MPC-HC as an external player in MBC. You can configure MPC-HC to use MadVR and to also change refresh rates to match the content being played.

Main drawback right now is that you don't get ebr's fancy new playback UI.

• 1 month later...
Vidmo

I'm using MPC-HC as an external player in MBC. You can configure MPC-HC to use MadVR and to also change refresh rates to match the content being played.

Main drawback right now is that you don't get ebr's fancy new playback UI.

I'm looking to move to MPC-HC as it seems like the latest codec pack are causing WMP to run at high CPU usage after a movie plays. I usually end up having to kill WMC itself and restart just to get control back. Having true 24P refresh rates is a huge bonus as well.

Vidmo