Webclient - Combine Latest Media on Home Screen

Kelmino

Kelmino

When adding a full season at a time it ends up taking up the entire "Latest Media" section on the home screen.

Normally a show or a movie only pops up there when it's added to the library, but every once in a while I'll put a whole season on there.   I'd love it if the most any particular TV show would take up would be one spot, maybe even have it say "13 episodes of House of Lies" instead of showing 13 different thumbnails.

Thanks  :D

• Like 4

Starkadius

Agreed, I have thought of this as well. Also related but something I don't particularly like about dumping an entire season and having it appear on the "latest media" is that the thumbnails are sorted by most recently added I believe. The problem with this is that the final episodes of the seasons appear first on "latest media" and so usually the images/episode titles have spoilerish material on them and basically ruins it.

For example : On episode 10 of random series some major character "dies" but then this character appears on the thumbnail of episode 26 haha...

Edited by Starkadius

Koleckai Silvestri

Several other people have asked for grouping in the past as well.

Kelmino

Agreed, I have thought of this as well. Also related but something I don't particularly like about dumping an entire season and having it appear on the "latest media" is that the thumbnails are sorted by most recently added I believe. The problem with this is that the final episodes of the seasons appear first on "latest media" and so usually the images/episode titles have spoilerish material on them and basically ruin it...

My thumbnails are only the main one, they don't show a shot from the episode (Unless there's no "thumb" image in the metadata)

Starkadius

My thumbnails are only the main one, they don't show a shot from the episode (Unless there's no "thumb" image in the metadata)

Even then the titles of some episodes (particularly anime) reveal information about the story arc or some character returns etc. All I would really prefer is just seeing the Series/Season poster with a "new episodes!" label or something on it on "latest media".

Kelmino

Ahh I see what you're saying, in the actual TV tab, yeah it does show the episode thumbnail in latest media.

Even then the titles of some episodes (particularly anime) reveal information about the story arc or some character returns etc. All I would really prefer is just seeing the Series/Season poster with a "new episodes!" label or something on it on "latest media".

I agree, season number and episode number are good enough for me.  

djwhite

I'd suggest similar grouping for music too. When you add a complete album, the latest media shows the individual tracks, which fills up all of the latest media slots.

• Like 2

DGMayor

I'd suggest similar grouping for music too. When you add a complete album, the latest media shows the individual tracks, which fills up all of the latest media slots.

I was coming to request the music grouping (Season/show grouping would be great too!)