Metatags in Overview

sslovan

sslovan

On Emby Server and the iOS devices, I was able to break paragraphs in the plot description by adding manually the metatag <br>.

But this does not work for AppleTV: here paragraphs are already formatted according to the original text, and the metatag <br> always appears visible on the screen and is not hidden.

is it possible to make this consistent one way or another on all devices? 

Hi, we haven't come up with a way for all devices at this time, so any tricks you come up with for the web app might not work elsewhere. It's possible for the future though. Thanks.

sslovan

I understand, thanks. 

I only fear that after a while, after adding manually <br> and <b> and <i> in my 8000+ film metadata (it looks very good on MacOS and even better on iOS), I will have to remove it manually again, when another, incompatible solution is introduced and the metatags then jar the text in all devices like they do now in tvOS.... 

In this worst case scenario, it would be helpful then to be have a search/add/remove function for the whole database (wishful thinking)...

post-302759-0-05029700-1570082618_thumb.png

• Like 1

levander

I understand, thanks. 

I only fear that after a while, after adding manually <br> and <b> and <i> in my 8000+ film metadata (it looks very good on MacOS and even better on iOS), I will have to remove it manually again, when another, incompatible solution is introduced and the metatags then jar the text in all devices like they do now in tvOS.... 

In this worst case scenario, it would be helpful then to be have a search/add/remove function for the whole database (wishful thinking)...

You can always generate nfos and then search/edit text with the script. Also before doing that you can make copies of all those nfos if you wanna have it back. Just an idea.