Question about Youtube trailers

syralk

Yes it works as long as I use the movie title as the folder inside the 'Movies' folder. Doesn't work if I just put the movie and the trailer in the 'Movies' folder.

Found a batch script which creates and moves all the titles to their own folder.

I still think it should work with more than one movie in a folder - but the names have to be exactly right.  Did you check that?

I still think it should work with more than one movie in a folder - but the names have to be exactly right.  Did you check that?

Yes checked it more than once and re-scan the library. Only started working after I created the new folder with the movie title and moved the movie and trailer in it. Now the trailer button is available in the movie details page.

Edited by dcol

nope, just tried it again. If I put the movie and trailer in the folder with all the movies, the trailer does not appear. If I create a new folder with the movie name and put the files in there, it works. This is on FireTV only, Android is fine.  Here is my format

\Movies\Latest\movie&Trailer.mp4 here (does not work)

\Movies\Latest\movie name\movie&Trailer.mp4 here (does work)

Also, you have to use the actual movie name for the folder name or the metadata is wrong.

Now maybe this is the required format, which is fine. But what others have said in this post doesn't work in FireTV.

Edited by dcol

• 1 month later...
NeilD7744

have a look at this piece of software. After youtube stopped working for me in Emby as you mention above, I used this software (which ive been using for years) to auto download trailers into my local movie library. It works ok for me...

http://mediacentermaster.com/

Thanks.

dcol

have a look at this piece of software. After youtube stopped working for me in Emby as you mention above, I used this software (which ive been using for years) to auto download trailers into my local movie library. It works ok for me...

http://mediacentermaster.com/

Thanks.

Has potential, but you have to pay for the You Tube trailers downloading. I bought a one month and will test it out.

Edited by dcol

dcol

Tested this program out. Could not get any trailers from even the latest movies. Not a very easy program to use, but if I figure it out may have some potential.

NeilD7744

Tested this program out. Could not get any trailers from even the latest movies. Not a very easy program to use, but if I figure it out may have some potential.

Would it help if i made a youtube tutorial?

Its a complex piece of software, but once its up and running i found it to be very useful. I've got this software auto scanning on a regular basis, so any recorded movies from Emby which go into my library should then been seen by Media Center Master and the trailers added.

Its a bit of a work around as the link to youtube as mentioned earlier in this post would be much better and easier. Id say i have about 95% success rate with trailers added locally.

If Media Center Master does not auto download the trailer then yo can prompt and give it a direct youtube link to download from. 

The directories within Emby need to be setup correctly (as i found out) else it will not work correctly. Also make sue within Emby you have "scheduled tasks" setup correctly - else a trailer may have been downloaded correctly, but will not display correctly as the library needs to be re-scanned / updated.

dcol

Would it help if i made a youtube tutorial?

Its a complex piece of software, but once its up and running i found it to be very useful. I've got this software auto scanning on a regular basis, so any recorded movies from Emby which go into my library should then been seen by Media Center Master and the trailers added.

Its a bit of a work around as the link to youtube as mentioned earlier in this post would be much better and easier. Id say i have about 95% success rate with trailers added locally.

If Media Center Master does not auto download the trailer then yo can prompt and give it a direct youtube link to download from. 

The directories within Emby need to be setup correctly (as i found out) else it will not work correctly. Also make sue within Emby you have "scheduled tasks" setup correctly - else a trailer may have been downloaded correctly, but will not display correctly as the library needs to be re-scanned / updated.

Yes a YouTube tutorial would be nice.

I do have the folders setup correctly, it does stick all the metadata files in there but the log gives me errors for the trailers. Says YouTube is not in the metadata, but also says that an iTunes trailer is available which does me no good. Also, I do not want all that extra metadata files in the folder, just the trailer.

Ideally I want it to work like this. Scan my folders for missing trailers and add them when missing. That's all I am looking for.

NeilD7744

I dont think it matters where the trailers are grabbed from, they are just downloaded from whatever website (youtube, itunes...etc) and stored as an MP4 within your associated movie sub folder.

You can turn off most of the other stuff so MCM will not download & compile loads and loads of artwork etc. 

I believe you have to have the xml / nfo files in with the movie & trailer etc as part of MCM's database (however i maybe incorrect).

When you intially load all your movies within MCM they will probably show up in red. You need to sort out the settings as you want them (for what artwork etc to download) and then enable downloading of trailers. Under the 'media' menu within MCM, click 're-fetch all media titles' and let the software do its thing. It should auto populate movies. Mine works like this with no issues. The log on the RHS of MCM may give errors about trailers initially, this is because MCM needs to compile your database of movie (turn from a red list into a white list). As the data is fetched and movie titles turning from red to white within the MCM list, a loading bar should appear and queue up trailers to download. 

Failing that... I have no idea... try and find an older APK for YouTube & side load it? Or, (after having a quick Google seach) learn about scripts and python to set something up?

dcol

Ok, Just need to figure out what does what. Seems to be working now. A tutorial would be really helpful. This software is loaded with features.

NeilD7744

Ok... bear with me.... I did make a video yesterday but as you already have managed to get trailers to download it probably wont cover other things. 

I will make another video and send you a link - I will wipe / reset my database and go through it from scratch (or at least show what works for me).

Thanks.

dcol

Some of the trailers did not convert and are still .mov container. I have started 'find missing trailers' again, now that all the movies are yellow, and have metadata.

ffprobe.exe finally downloaded this morning.