Question about Youtube trailers

syralk

syralk

Hi I have a fire tv stick

And when I click on a trailer that need youtube, it's asking to make sure youtube is installed.

But youtube tv is installed on the device

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

syralk

You need the regular Youtube app, not Youtube TV.

Yep just install it from aptoid.

syralk

You need the regular Youtube app, not Youtube TV.

So if I install youtube from the amazon store it doesn't work.

But if I install it from aptoid it work.

It will be nice it make it work with the amazon youtube app

syralk

Please double-check that. Don't think that is possible.

Ok i will in few minutes

syralk

Please double-check that. Don't think that is possible.

You are right it is

1.7.53a

Okay, so that is the brand new version that went out today.  The ability to see and attempt to play those trailers wasn't supposed to be there but it snuck in.

The Amazon version of YouTube is not responding to the published method of communicating with it.  I don't know if Amazon is blocking it or if it is just different (and unpublished).  We're still investigating.

• Like 1

syralk

Okay, so that is the brand new version that went out today. The ability to see and attempt to play those trailers wasn't supposed to be there but it snuck in.

The Amazon version of YouTube is not responding to the published method of communicating with it. I don't know if Amazon is blocking it or if it is just different (and unpublished). We're still investigating.

Perfect thanks

• 2 months later...

Any news on this?

As of our last attempt, the Amazon implementation of the YouTube app was not responding to the normal methods of integration.

• 2 weeks later...
PlexUser128

What link did you use for aptiod?

What version of YouTube works with emby 1.7.53a on Fire Stick and Cube?

My current version of YouTube (1.5.178.0) downloaded on my Fire TV stick isn't recognized by envy to play trailers, says same as op.

If I use downloader to install the "regular" YouTube app, whatever version that means? can you provide a link to the "regular" version you mentioned?

Can we please get this resolved soon ?

Edited by xfectivus

Hi.  We still do not know why the Amazon version of the YouTube app does not properly respond to playback requests.

• 4 weeks later...

But does that mean if we sideload the Google YouTube app it would work If Emby was allowing trailers?

By the way, trailers work fine from within the prime app.

And what is the purpose of 'Cinema Mode' in the FireTV. Is it suppose to change anything? How do you get that to work?

Outside of improving the LiveTV channel mapping and getting trailers to work on FireTV is the last major thing on my wish list. Emby rocks in every other aspect. You guys have done an outstanding job. FireTV has a huge market share in media steaming devices so efforts put in that are well worthwhile.

But does that mean if we sideload the Google YouTube app it would work If Emby was allowing trailers?

I'm not sure but that is not something we could rely on.

By the way, trailers work fine from within the prime app.

I'm not really sure what the relevance is there...  The Fire TV and Prime are kind of built around each other and Amazon has all of its own content.  Trailers will work fine in our app too if you provide some for your media through mechanisms other than YouTube.

And what is the purpose of 'Cinema Mode' in the FireTV. Is it suppose to change anything? How do you get that to work?

There are a number of ways you can add trailers and intros for use with Cinema Intros.  They are not dependent on YouTube.

Happy2Play

Aren't these devices going to be limited to a YouTube app just like the Roku?

Aren't these devices going to be limited to a YouTube app just like the Roku?

They are.  On real Android, we can at least launch the app and then - after you exit YT (with the requisite 5 or 6 back presses) - you at least end up back on the detail page in Emby where you should.

On the Fire, the YouTube app does not launch using either published method of doing so in Android and on the Roku, it is impossible to get back to our app where you were once you go to YouTube.  So none of these platforms are well suited to use YT trailers for Cinema Intros.  Other types of intros and trailers work fine, however.

• Like 1

Intros are fine, but I prefer a link to the trailer from the movie detail page. That way the user can get a preview to see if they would like that movie.

Forget YouTube. If I provided the trailers in my library, could there be some mechanism from the details page that would show the trailer?

Or how about another source for trailers like IMDb?

Intros are fine, but I prefer a link to the trailer from the movie detail page. That way the user can get a preview to see if they would like that movie.

Forget YouTube. If I provided the trailers in my library, could there be some mechanism from the details page that would show the trailer?

Or how about another source for trailers like IMDb?

If you have local trailers with the items in your library, all the apps will show and allow you to play them.

If you have local trailers with the items in your library, all the apps will show and allow you to play them.

I know that, I tried adding MyMovie-trailer.mp4 and since there is no trailer button in the details page with FireTV. There is no way I can see to play it.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

Update: I see now that you have to have a unique folder for the movie then put the movie and trailer in it. What I did was just put all the movies in one folder then add the trailer to that folder. That does not seem to work. Shame since I have thousands of movies.

Edited by dcol

Update: I see now that you have to have a unique folder for the movie then put the movie and trailer in it. What I did was just put all the movies in one folder then add the trailer to that folder. That does not seem to work. Shame since I have thousands of movies.

I think that should work but the trailer has to be named exactly right.  Can you confirm that?

Yes it works as long as I use the movie title as the folder inside the 'Movies' folder. Doesn't work if I just put the movie and the trailer in the 'Movies' folder.

Found a batch script which creates and moves all the titles to their own folder.

Edited by dcol