New Sonos Plugin

Luke

I'm running my Sonos speakers on a different subnet than my Emby instance, any way I can manually enter ip's for my speakers? They don't show up among my "play on" options, with or without the sonos plugin.

Thanks,

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, philonn said:

I'm running my Sonos speakers on a different subnet than my Emby instance, any way I can manually enter ip's for my speakers? They don't show up among my "play on" options, with or without the sonos plugin.

Thanks,

can you play from the sonos controller on a different subnet to your sonos speakers? i had to enable some additional options in my router to be able to do this

• 4 weeks later...
tsunami1701

hi there!

i have just installed the sonos plug in.

there are some problems:

1) i have 2 rooms in sonos and in the Play on menu sometimes only one room appear.

2) if i play on one of the room and then go to remote control, the play list is empty

3) if i play on one room and then open "my media"->"song", the buttons "shuffle" and "play all" cause the music to stop

Emby media server version 4.5.4.0

Sonos version 12.2.2

is it safe to send complete logs or do i have to delete some critical info?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 4:40 PM, tsunami1701 said:

hi there!

i have just installed the sonos plug in.

there are some problems:

1) i have 2 rooms in sonos and in the Play on menu sometimes only one room appear.

2) if i play on one of the room and then go to remote control, the play list is empty

3) if i play on one room and then open "my media"->"song", the buttons "shuffle" and "play all" cause the music to stop

Emby media server version 4.5.4.0

Sonos version 12.2.2

is it safe to send complete logs or do i have to delete some critical info?

Thanks!

HI, yes you can PM me a server log. thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hello.

Looks like after last update of Emby Server my apps (web and Android) don't see Sonos speakers anymore.

Emby Server v4.6.0.40 beta
Sonos Controller v1.0.8.0
Android app v3.1.92

On 4/27/2021 at 6:18 AM, uucp said:

Hello.

Looks like after last update of Emby Server my apps (web and Android) don't see Sonos speakers anymore.

Emby Server v4.6.0.40 beta
Sonos Controller v1.0.8.0
Android app v3.1.92

Hi, server log?

21 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, server log?

I replaced sensitive data with xxx (real hostname and usernames).

Emby is hosted on Debian server (amd64) with 2 network interfaces (wan and lan).

I cleared log, restarted service, then launched web interface and android app.

Chrome and phone see each other. Sonos speakers are missing.

embyserver.txt.gz

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

yeah i have to agree, this doesnt seem to be working anymore. Not sure if its something in Emby or (for me) the newly installed Sonos S2 app but Emby does not see my SONOS devices except via DLNA any more. @Luke

13 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

except via DLNA any more.

Wow! I installed DLNA plugin and now can stream music to all my Sonos speakers!

Previously DLNA plugin was a problem for Sonos. Now it helps...

Spaceboy
2 hours ago, uucp said:

Wow! I installed DLNA plugin and now can stream music to all my Sonos speakers!

Previously DLNA plugin was a problem for Sonos. Now it helps...

Yeah the only problem is playing to groups, for that you need the Sonos plugin. Are you using the older S1 or new Sonos controller app?

Just now, Spaceboy said:

Are you using the older S1 or new Sonos controller app?

I'm not sure but I'm think that is a new one.

I bought them few months ago.

Spaceboy
1 minute ago, uucp said:

I'm not sure but I'm think that is a new one.

I bought them few months ago.

Likely to be the new one then. Same as me. Hopefully @Luke can find time to look at it soon as you have provided him the log, he has all he needs 

Ok please see if the 1.0.9 Sonos plugin update helps. Thanks.

• Thanks 2

Spaceboy
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok please see if the 1.0.9 Sonos plugin update helps. Thanks.

yep, thats fixed it. thanks

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
wmcig2020

I have Emby as Container installed on Openmediavault 5. Dlna and SMB are active. Dlna is active in Emby also.

I also installed Sonos Plugin on Emby. My Sonos (S1) can not see the mediaserver or any folder.

Dlna plugin helped me not.

10 hours ago, wmcig2020 said:

I have Emby as Container installed on Openmediavault 5. Dlna and SMB are active. Dlna is active in Emby also.

I also installed Sonos Plugin on Emby. My Sonos (S1) can not see the mediaserver or any folder.

Dlna plugin helped me not.

HI there, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

wmcig2020
On 6/5/2021 at 3:26 AM, Luke said:

HI there, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

Do you have already new Information for me?

Update: I installed the latest version of Emby. After this, I ideleted the plugins DLNA and Sonos. Then I installed the plugin DLNA (restart Emby) and Sonos (restart Emby). Now the DLNA and Sonos Plugin are seeming to work. I can choose the cast options via DLNA. Only can play via DLNA on Sonos. I can not see any mediaserver or folder structure on Sonos.

Edited by wmcig2020

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 12:49 PM, wmcig2020 said:

Do you have already new Information for me?

Update: I installed the latest version of Emby. After this, I ideleted the plugins DLNA and Sonos. Then I installed the plugin DLNA (restart Emby) and Sonos (restart Emby). Now the DLNA and Sonos Plugin are seeming to work. I can choose the cast options via DLNA. Only can play via DLNA on Sonos. I can not see any mediaserver or folder structure on Sonos.

Hi, right, as others have noted, you need to have the Sonos control software installed in order for the Sonos plugin to work. Doing it with Dlna will work fine though without needing that.

wmcig2020
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, right, as others have noted, you need to have the Sonos control software installed in order for the Sonos plugin to work. Doing it with Dlna will work fine though without needing that.

But I only use DLNA. Do I have to stop DLNA to use Sonos Plugin?

Spaceboy
3 hours ago, wmcig2020 said:

But I only use DLNA. Do I have to stop DLNA to use Sonos Plugin?

no, i run both side by side for the two different purposes. DLNA to play to a single SONOS, the plugin to play to a group

• 4 months later...

1. Just to confirm that this is expected behavior:

When I am listening to music on my Sonos speaker using the Emby Sonos plugin, if I select a song and attempt to "Add to Play Queue," the current song immediately stops and the song I was trying to queue up starts. Same thing happens with "Play next" (the song that's playing immediately stops and the desired "next" starts). Basically, with Emby+Sonos plugin, there is only a "present tense" (song that's playing) and no ability to affect what plays in the future (except by playlist). Is this expected?

2. Assuming that this is the (currently) expected behavior, I think I can guess why--no onboard memory on a Sonos speaker to store the queue and/or no good API on Sonos end to permit developers like Emby access to such queue control. Do you have anything like line-of-sight to a future world where "Play Next" and "Add to Play Queue" will work with the Sonos plugin?

EDIT: Using the Emby server 4.6.4.0 on my Arch Linux machine as the source of the music and have tried to queue music to the Sonos both with the web application and iOS. If I'm listening to music through the web app on my computer, queue and play next work fine. It's only if I change the destination for the music to the Sonos that add to queue/play next functionality ceases.

Edited by awitney
More information that may be relevant.