New Sonos Plugin

Luke

Trying Emby Premiere (unRaid 6.8.3, and the latest Emby docker from linuxserver) out on my unRaid server.  I also have Plex and Jellyfin installed.  Both Plex and Jellyfin show my sonos speakers as soon as I click on the "cast" button.  Both instantly play to them.  Emby the cast button just says play on.  I think jellyfin was using DLNA which is fine but nothing ever comes up on the button in Emby, it just says Play On.  

What else could I try?

Hi, do you have the Emby dlna plugin installed, sonos plugin, or both?

NitroNine

Hi, do you have the Emby dlna plugin installed, sonos plugin, or both?

I've tried just dlna and both.

NitroNine

I just fired up Jellyfin again and with without doing anything on a fresh install of it, I can see all my sonos speakers as soon as I click on the cast button and music can play to them.

TheRealAzoth

Having some issues with the Sonos Plugin. Anytime I install it and restart the Emby Server it crashes the application.
Windows Event Log
Application: EmbyServer.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.11803
.NET Core Version: 3.1.3
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SonosController.Device.GetTransportInfo()
   at SonosController.Device.TimerCallback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__139_1(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallbackDefaultContext.Execute()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Tried with the Sonos Controller installed and not installed - Have no issues playing music using the Sonos Controller software and mobile apps

Tried with the DLNA plugin disabled and enabled- Did not remove the plugin

Tried to install previous version of the Sonos Plugin but it seems to always install 1.0.6

Environment

ProxMox VE 6.1-7 Host

Windows 10 Enterprise guest, fully patched, Windows Firewall disabled, .NET 4.8.0 and 3.5 Installed

Emby 4.4.2.0 that is very vanilla

(2) Sonos Play:1 connected wirelessly via the Sonos Bridge which is connected via ethernet

Emby Server, bridge and players are all on the same subnet

Let me know the best way to post the log if you wanted to take a look.

Thanks

Having some issues with the Sonos Plugin. Anytime I install it and restart the Emby Server it crashes the application.

Windows Event Log

Application: EmbyServer.exe

CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.11803

.NET Core Version: 3.1.3

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at SonosController.Device.GetTransportInfo()

at SonosController.Device.TimerCallback(Object state)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.c.b__139_1(Object state)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallbackDefaultContext.Execute()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Tried with the Sonos Controller installed and not installed - Have no issues playing music using the Sonos Controller software and mobile apps

Tried with the DLNA plugin disabled and enabled- Did not remove the plugin

Tried to install previous version of the Sonos Plugin but it seems to always install 1.0.6

Environment

ProxMox VE 6.1-7 Host

Windows 10 Enterprise guest, fully patched, Windows Firewall disabled, .NET 4.8.0 and 3.5 Installed

Emby 4.4.2.0 that is very vanilla

(2) Sonos Play:1 connected wirelessly via the Sonos Bridge which is connected via ethernet

Emby Server, bridge and players are all on the same subnet

Let me know the best way to post the log if you wanted to take a look.

Thanks

Thanks, I'm pushing an update to the Sonos plugin to resolve this.

• Like 2

NitroNine

Hey sorry, I tried the official docker version and DNLA seems to work fine now.  Waiting for my library scan to finish and I'll try the Sonos plug in.

unconfigured

I've just signed up and made my first experience with emby (might move away from plex) - seems to be very nice! Thanks for that.

For me it would be important to be somehow be able to manually ad my sonos devices by ip, as i'm running the server on a different network. Even hacks like manually adding them to the database would be ok for me. Are there any plans / ways to make this possible?

It's not currently possible but it's something that has come up before. it's possible for the future. thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, colburnside said:

I just installed the Sonos plugin- so far, so good. I look forward to using it a lot.

Great, thanks for the feedback.

• 1 month later...
jnelson522

New to Emby. I have installed the Sonos plugin, and like others in this thread am seeing only the words "Play on" when I click the casting icon. Any advice for steps I can take to get the plugin working?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 10:08 PM, jnelson522 said:

New to Emby. I have installed the Sonos plugin, and like others in this thread am seeing only the words "Play on" when I click the casting icon. Any advice for steps I can take to get the plugin working?

Hi @jnelson522 are you still having an issue with this?

jnelson522

Thanks, @Luke. Once I installed the Sonos app on the server, it worked - at least initially. I wasn't able to choose different Sonos speakers or groups, and then connection got broken. 

Since Sonos runs all my speakers, I may try Plex or another platform that has a built-in integration with Sonos.  

19 hours ago, jnelson522 said:

Thanks, @Luke. Once I installed the Sonos app on the server, it worked - at least initially. I wasn't able to choose different Sonos speakers or groups, and then connection got broken. 

Since Sonos runs all my speakers, I may try Plex or another platform that has a built-in integration with Sonos.  

We do have a built-in integration, via the plugin. It's essentially the same thing as flipping a switch to turn it on.

DarrenClimie-Newman

I cannot see the Sonos app in the plugins catalogue. I'm running on QNAP, is the Sonos plugin only available for Emby Server on Windows?

Also, tried dlna instead and it just keeps playing on my mobile device. If click the cast button again, it gives me the option to disconnect, as if it was connected.

Any ideas?

Thanks

On 9/22/2020 at 1:35 PM, DarrenClimie-Newman said:

I cannot see the Sonos app in the plugins catalogue. I'm running on QNAP, is the Sonos plugin only available for Emby Server on Windows?

Also, tried dlna instead and it just keeps playing on my mobile device. If click the cast button again, it gives me the option to disconnect, as if it was connected.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Can you try using the web app? You should be able to see it then. The next updates to the mobile apps will also be able to see it.

• 2 months later...

the plugin works perfectly with local music.

i have some SRTM files that link to internet radio, when i play one of those and attempt to cast it to my sonos no sound ever plays. the emby appears to be playing and if i disconnect from the sonos i get the music locally.

all  i get from the sonos in the logs is 'response 200'  which seems to be OK.

14 hours ago, Zedicus said:

the plugin works perfectly with local music.

i have some SRTM files that link to internet radio, when i play one of those and attempt to cast it to my sonos no sound ever plays. the emby appears to be playing and if i disconnect from the sonos i get the music locally.

all  i get from the sonos in the logs is 'response 200'  which seems to be OK.

HI, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

11 hours ago, Zedicus said:

thoughts?

As a test, please try removing the smart things plugin and see if that helps. thanks.

BillOatman
On 4/6/2020 at 9:31 AM, NitroNine said:

I just fired up Jellyfin again and with without doing anything on a fresh install of it, I can see all my sonos speakers as soon as I click on the cast button and music can play to them.

Weird, out of curiosity about the api I grabbed the latest jellyfin source and see no references to sonos.

To test the difference vs generic dlna, you could try removing our Sonos plugin, then restart the server and try again with Dlna.