New Sonos Plugin

Luke

46 minutes ago, awitney said:

1. Just to confirm that this is expected behavior:

When I am listening to music on my Sonos speaker using the Emby Sonos plugin, if I select a song and attempt to "Add to Play Queue," the current song immediately stops and the song I was trying to queue up starts. Same thing happens with "Play next" (the song that's playing immediately stops and the desired "next" starts). Basically, with Emby+Sonos plugin, there is only a "present tense" (song that's playing) and no ability to affect what plays in the future (except by playlist). Is this expected?

2. Assuming that this is the (currently) expected behavior, I think I can guess why--no onboard memory on a Sonos speaker to store the queue and/or no good API on Sonos end to permit developers like Emby access to such queue control. Do you have anything like line-of-sight to a future world where "Play Next" and "Add to Play Queue" will work with the Sonos plugin?

Hi, no this is not expected behavior. We need to add queue management support into the plug-in. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, JamesAdams said:

Hi, 

i bu a sonos speaker and i would like if we need internet to stream the music from Emby so sonos speaker ?

Thanks.

Hi, not from embys point of view, no.

JamesAdams
14 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

but do you have the sonos controller installed on the same pc as emby that can see the speaker?

No, I didn't know that something else had to be installed, there is no documentation for this plugin...

JamesAdams
33 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

but do you have the sonos controller installed on the same pc as emby that can see the speaker?

And what is sonos controller ? (i insaller sonos on emby plugin if is the controller)

Spaceboy
4 hours ago, JamesAdams said:

No, I didn't know that something else had to be installed, there is no documentation for this plugin...

there isnt. i was confused by this when i installed it and highlighted this to the devs, but....

4 hours ago, JamesAdams said:

And what is sonos controller ? (i insaller sonos on emby plugin if is the controller)

if emby is installed on windows https://www.sonos.com/redir/controller_software_pc2

or

https://www.sonos.com/redir/controller_software_pc

depending on your sonos hardware

JamesAdams
9 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

there isnt. i was confused by this when i installed it and highlighted this to the devs, but....

if emby is installed on windows https://www.sonos.com/redir/controller_software_pc2

or

https://www.sonos.com/redir/controller_software_pc

depending on your sonos hardware

Ok, but me emby his install on docker, there are a docker image for the controller ?

3 hours ago, JamesAdams said:

Ok, i found the problem,

my emby his install in docker but connected in bridge, i change for host mode and it's work.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
NitroNine
On 11/13/2022 at 9:17 PM, NitroNine said:

I've decided to stop self hosting and now have my emby setup remotely.  Does the sonos plugin not work for this type of setup?  Or any way to cast to Sonos from a remote server?  I know plexamp can.

@Luke ?

Edited by NitroNine

3 hours ago, NitroNine said:

@Luke ?

The server discovers the devices, so that means the Sonos devices need to be on the same local network as the server. At some point we'd like to move this to the apps so that it only needs to be on the same local network as the device you're playing from.

NitroNine
10 hours ago, Luke said:

The server discovers the devices, so that means the Sonos devices need to be on the same local network as the server. At some point we'd like to move this to the apps so that it only needs to be on the same local network as the device you're playing from.

Any idea what PlexAmp uses that allows me to cast to my local network Sonos devices using a remote server?

I also found this for Navidrome, but I assume it could be used with Emby with some tweaking?

Edited by NitroNine

3 hours ago, NitroNine said:

Any idea what PlexAmp uses that allows me to cast to my local network Sonos devices using a remote server?

I also found this for Navidrome, but I assume it could be used with Emby with some tweaking?

It's exactly what I said. They have the detection in the client side l apps rather than the server 

• Like 1

I would like to endorse having Sonos support on the client side!  When I am visiting friends with Sonos systems, it would be great to share some of my collection - some of which can be obscure...  Can you name any Azerbaijanian jazz pianists?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
wilcoson

Hi, I installed the Sonos plugin the other day but have yet to see Sonos appear as a casting option inside the emby app. The only way I can actually cast emby audio to Sonos is via iOS airplay, which I could do before installing the plugin.. I'm operating servers and Sonos all on the same local network. I've tried restarting emby server, rebooting Sonos port, etc. Nothing. What am I missing?

secondoldguy

Sorry if this is a newbie question but... I have the Sonos  plugin installed and dlna turned on but it appears that the plugin is not picking up all of my speakers. I see some via dlna (red) and others through the plugin (yellow), I assume. Also I have some groups setup in Sonos app but they are not showing up in the list.  

image.png.fc5ab4d3f1016fb6de30e20de24ff45d.png

Anderella

Sonos support on the client side really would be lovely! I'm on this too.

Any chance to get that supported in the near future?

Thank you.

Spaceboy
On 02/01/2023 at 16:42, secondoldguy said:

Sorry if this is a newbie question but... I have the Sonos  plugin installed and dlna turned on but it appears that the plugin is not picking up all of my speakers. I see some via dlna (red) and others through the plugin (yellow), I assume. Also I have some groups setup in Sonos app but they are not showing up in the list.  

image.png.fc5ab4d3f1016fb6de30e20de24ff45d.png

the ones you have underlined in yellow are your groups and the lead speaker is shown.

Spaceboy

tbh the sonos implementation in emby is pretty basic. i was looking at Music Assistant , a relatively new integration for Home Assistant the other day. there's a lot emby could take from it

secondoldguy
23 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

the ones you have underlined in yellow are your groups and the lead speaker is shown.

Ok Thanks!

secondoldguy

Another newbie question: is it possible to add to the groups and or devices that are currently playing. In other words if I start playing music on the office group and want to then add the bedroom , is that possible?

image.png.2630ce855ed9f434bd3379e65d6d483c.png

Spaceboy
18 hours ago, secondoldguy said:

Another newbie question: is it possible to add to the groups and or devices that are currently playing. In other words if I start playing music on the office group and want to then add the bedroom , is that possible?

image.png.2630ce855ed9f434bd3379e65d6d483c.png

no, you can't manage groups in emby - only use those already set up in the sonos app