Apple TV won’t log in

nw2181

Hi there, I have an issue with logging in using my Apple TV, i subscribe to baconfeet, and have no issue with one Apple TV or my iPhone. But I have another Apple TV, which after entering the pin for Emby connect just loads to a black screen which says logout of connect, enter server address, and forget server.

I’ve looked through the forums and my Apple TV is just called ‘bedroom’ so it’s not an issue with the name. Hopefully someone can help me figure it?

Thanks for your help!

vdatanet

Hi there, I have an issue with logging in using my Apple TV, i subscribe to baconfeet, and have no issue with one Apple TV or my iPhone. But I have another Apple TV, which after entering the pin for Emby connect just loads to a black screen which says logout of connect, enter server address, and forget server.

I’ve looked through the forums and my Apple TV is just called ‘bedroom’ so it’s not an issue with the name. Hopefully someone can help me figure it?

Thanks for your help!

How many concurrent users are logged. Look at this at Baconfeet:

Includes up to 2 concurrent connection

Edited by vdatanet

Hi thanks for your reply. I just checked with them, asking if I should buy concurrent streams. But I would never use them concurrently, they said I should still be able to log into emby regardless. Could there be anything else? Thanks again!

Yes you should still be able to login. It sounds like they haven't linked your emby connect account to a user on their server. I would check with them on that.

Hi thanks for your reply. But if I can already log in one Apple TV and my iPhone, wouldn’t my account be linked already? Thanks!

Hey, I just upgraded to tvOS 13, and have since tried deleting and reinstalling - getting the same outcome. The emby app is version 1.4.2

Thanks!

I actually don't know what mechanism they are using to limit connections/streams but, at this point in time, it has to be something external to Emby so I'm still a bit suspicious of that (since it works on one machine).

We're also about to release an update to the app and there's a good chance it will be resolved with that.

That would be great, I’d love to try it please!

Ok, please send a PM to @@ebr with your itunes email address. Thanks.

Senna

Beta app is broken now, so don’t install.
See 1.4.2.32 topic in Apple TV testing forum, for further information.

• Like 1

Hi, I’ve tried using the beta app on my Apple TV, but it didn’t allow me to get past the ‘next’ option, even after the update today. I restored the Apple TV, same issue. Also, it’s not just the Apple TV with the issue, if I try to login on iPad app or safari or on iPhone or Mac, and even chrome, none of them have my connection with baconfeet. Whereas the app on my iPhone and downstairs Apple TV are all fine. Thanks again for all your help!

vdatanet

Hi, I’ve tried using the beta app on my Apple TV, but it didn’t allow me to get past the ‘next’ option, even after the update today. I restored the Apple TV, same issue. Also, it’s not just the Apple TV with the issue, if I try to login on iPad app or safari or on iPhone or Mac, and even chrome, none of them have my connection with baconfeet. Whereas the app on my iPhone and downstairs Apple TV are all fine. Thanks again for all your help!

I think the issue is at baconfeet and It's not related to Apple TV. I am almost certain that with your two registered devices you have reached the maximum limit allowed. Can you test with your own Emby server?

Edited by vdatanet

You're saying you can login from some devices, but not others?

This is not an Emby issue, but a provider (Baconfeet) issue, just like @vdatanet already mentioned, when all Apple devices are on same subnet/network.

@@nw2181

You are paying for a service (Baconfeet), so let them also provide support for your issue, because you are paying for it :rolleyes:

If they don't provide support, stay way from them and end your subscription. When normal conditions for Emby are in place (like for example, using your own Emby server with all connecting devices on same subnet), Emby works as intended, on the Apple TV.

So lets end the free commercial time for Baconfeet ;)