Warning from Norton

arrbee99

arrbee99

Hi,

Have been experimenting with MB3 for a few weeks and this my first post, so please be gentle...

Have just fired up the server after updating it a few days ago to the 5263 version. Norton quarantined the server, so I told it to put it back again and reran the server.

Norton then said network traffic from you guys matches the signature of a known attack (see attached image). Norton seems to be objecting to the server updating to the 3.0.5267.16902 version.

Don't know why this should suddenly be a problem.

Am on Windows 8.1 64 bit and Norton 360.

Any ideas ? thanks

• Like 1

Yogi

Well I can say that with all the people using MB3 and not one other has reported something like this,I am certain it is a false positive and nothing to worry about.

snazy2000

That's Norton for you complete load of crap

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

MrFlibbles

Something for the mb devs to at least be aware of :) Thanks for taking the time to post it arrbee.

• Like 1

buddyweiser

I also experienced this problem updating the server recently, as well as the recent auto box sets update. I had to disable Norton temporarily to install updates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Starkadius

Noticed this as well this past weekend but made no mention of it, wanted to see if others reported the same issue. Basically it does this when attempting to install any server or plugin updates and none of the updates can be installed without having to disable "Intrusion Prevention" temporarily during the installation of new updates. I have been using MB3 for over a year now with Norton never giving an alert like this before. Did a change occur in the update delivery such as adopting the use of Cloudflare?

53922d84bd274_20140606_140437.png

53922e289e8e3_20140606_140721.png

Edited by Starkadius

arrbee99

Hi, Just started MB3 up again and it updated no problems at all to the 5271.29451 version, didn't have to disable "intrusion prevention" as suggested by Starkadius or anything. Thanks for all the feedback.

• Like 2

Maybe you can help me out. I also have problems with the server due to Norton Antivirus. Today all tries to have MediaBrowser 3 installed are detected as SONAR.Heuristic.120 and are corrupted. In this screenshot: post-3803-0-41148700-1402566772_thumb.jpg you can see this. Even though it can be installed with the SONAR option in NAV turned off, when switched on, NAV detects it again as suspicious and removes it. Any ideas?

Please do not reply with Norton sucks or such answer, that does not help anybody.

It is a false positive.  I don't think there is anything we can do about it on our end.  Can you just override it for our install?

Maleficarum

As ebr suggests I would add an exception to NAV so the install will complete. I don't believe you can add an individual application (I may be wrong, haven't used that mess of a product for a very long time) but you can add the folder it is in.

Edited by Maleficarum

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the quick responses to my posts. I suspected indeed a false positive and added the MB path as an exception. Works fine.