Theater will not install

Bayway

I have not used Emby Theater in a while (used windows media center) and am trying to install theater now on win 10. I have no remnants of other Emby versions.The download on on the theater page works ok but the setup does not connect (update error communicating with update server,etc) The theater install log shows this at the end (Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Error downloading.  Installation aborting.  An exception occurred during a WebClient request.)

I then downloaded 3.0.9 x64 from get hub. I unzip but there is no installer. If I run emby.theater.exe the app opens but no install.

Thanks for any help

Webb

Hi @@Bayway, that error generally means a network timeout occurred while the installer tried to download the assets from github.

Looks like you figured out how to download and run portable from github, so you can just do that. There's nothing to install.

• 1 month later...
bluejoe247

Well yes, we did download and run the portable;  I would rather like to install theater, like everyone else;  From the log:

Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Request: {"Operation":"Install","Product":"emby.theater","PackageClass":"Release","Version":{"Major":4,"Minor":0,"Build":-1,"Revision":-1,"MajorRevision":-1,"MinorRevision":-1},"ServiceName":""}
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Creating install session for emby.theater
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installing Emby Theater
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to retrieve latest version of emby.theater
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Getting github releases for MediaBrowser Emby.Theater.Windows minVersion: 1.0.0 level: Release
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Error getting package version: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Version is 3.0
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Downloading Emby Theater version 3.0
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Error downloading.  Installation aborting. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Do we know what the error is?  What can I do to fix it?
Thanks