slow performance with big libraries

mbo
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

3 hours ago, CyberPoison said:

Any news @Luke about this issue? Can you try to figure out the statement of the review process have you contacted LG to hurry up their review because it was elapsed 1 to 3 month until the push to the LG web store to correct the problem 

As I understand you are on step 2 regarding this process review

http://webostv.developer.lge.com/distribute/app-submission-process/

BTW I don't understand why LG don't have found the big library issue when the first app releases have made since this bug (Slow libraries with a lot movies) have existed ever since the first app release so it will be nice if LG check fully the app at once time, 

I have a question how LG check the performance and the quality of the app? The Emby Inc have provided a acess to a 5K non copyright movies examples for performance testing and quality checks? 

Can you tell more about the LG review process and if you can tell us if they are nearly complete the review process or if this is a part of work to be done from Emby LLC no sure how the review process work. 

Just to be sure did you have tested the app with huge library like said by many people, before the push to webos store?

There is no way to install the app by sideload? Instead of dl it from webos store? Because for next year you do 2 or 3 push to the webos store but let's us test the beta apps to test it and report future bugs or future improvements like web design or performance stuff. 

You have developers paid by emby LLC specifically for LG app or is a person who did it in her freetime? 

Does the LG App use the native media player for full support of formats and quality (Out of topics subject but need to know ) ? 

So if you want more improvement on Smart TV Apps do a bêta acess and alpha apps downlodable from here and let us side load it and you do a 2 or 3 push every year to LG/Samsung or what ever to the store app. 

Emby obvious don't care about there customers. I switched back to plex bc of this. And it works 10 times better 

• 2 weeks later...

@Lukesame problem in lg oledC8 (2018) with library +16800 movies..... its impossible navigate to library

edit:  from lg web browser with local ip, it works perfectly

Edited by Jab3

• 1 month later...
qazwsx16

Hey @Luke , just wanted to check in and see the status of the update? It looks like it's still not updated on the LG app store and currently no workaround from my understanding.

Anyone else have any potential solutions?

I asked LG why it takes so long and they are still investigating. Seems like germany is far away from their LG App shop managers ;)

So far LG answered:

It is so that the (further) development of the app is completely done by the providers, LG actually only provides the platform for the app (i.e. the device itself including the operating system) in this case. Unfortunately, we do not have any information here in the technical area as to why there are such problems in the development of the customized version. However, we have forwarded this internally to the technical department - should we receive information on this, we will inform you accordingly.

qazwsx16
10 minutes ago, mbo said:

I asked LG why it takes so long and they are still investigating. Seems like germany is far away from their LG App shop managers ;)

Thanks for the response! So anyway to get them to speed things up?

As an alternative for the time being, has anyone tried removing media from the library to see if it speeds things up?

Edited by qazwsx16

Just now, qazwsx16 said:

As an alternative for the time being, has anyone tried removing media from the library to see if it speeds things up?

Sure that will help a lot - i have heard that with the upcoming 2021 models even the current app will work well since the soc is much stronger. 😉

qazwsx10
1 hour ago, mbo said:

Sure that will help a lot - i have heard that with the upcoming 2021 models even the current app will work well since the soc is much stronger. 😉

Unfortunately I don't plan on upgrading for a few years!

49 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

I switched to Firesticks for all our LG's, not a solution but a workaround

That sounds good, but I was hoping to keep using the LG app primarily for the screensaver functionality. We used to use an Nvidia Shield, but no screensaver.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
CyberPoison

Any news updates about LG app store? 

Still not available and no open source app for LG with WebOS like C9 and I'm pretty there is much people who are not planning new TV for a while because they have already purchased like me new TV (CX | C9) so this still a pure limitation here in all LG users, so long story short, any updates from LG? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
CyberPoison

Is there any news from LG ? 

Its has been many time ago than Emby Staff says its on review. 

Can you please tell us when it was ready to do the update we don't received any update from the app since many many month 

@Luke
@Happy2Play

Can you say to LG to move their "ass" because it has been nearly a year we are waiting for that fix.

• 4 months later...
qazwsx16

Hey @Luke and @Happy2Play, just wanted to check in and see the status of the update? It looks like it's still not updated on the LG app store and currently no workaround from my understanding.

I added a few TV shows and now its barely crawling. Interestingly, once in the general movies folder (all movies), it goes at most one click per second, which is excruciatingly slow. 😞 However, the once I select a specific movie or if I'm in the general TV shows folder (all TV shows), it goes back to normal speed. Any ideas or suggestions?

Edited by qazwsx16

19 minutes ago, qazwsx16 said:

Hey @Luke and @Happy2Play, just wanted to check in and see the status of the update? It looks like it's still not updated on the LG app store and currently no workaround from my understanding.

I added a few TV shows and now its barely crawling. Interestingly, once in the general movies folder (all movies), it goes at most one click per second, which is excruciatingly slow. 😞 However, the once I select a specific movie or if I'm in the general TV shows folder (all TV shows), it goes back to normal speed. Any ideas or suggestions?

We are working on getting the new app update released. Thanks.

qazwsx16
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

We are working on getting the new app update released. Thanks.

Thank you for the quick response, Luke. I know the update has been in the pipeline for quite a while now, do you have an estimate of when the update will be released/approved by LG? Just so everyone can be kept up-to-date, do you know what is causing the delays with the update?

Thank you again!

• 3 months later...
qazwsx16
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.31 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

This is fantastic to hear! Thank you for your team's hard work!

Edited by qazwsx16

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, mbo said:

@Lukeit is much faster on the new TVs - but ... it is even faster on the old TVs. I will check if there are rendering differences (resolution etc).

Thanks for the feedback !

• 2 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.35 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.