More Premiers on AndroidTV.

Sammy

Currently with all the premiers in my library they're falling off the premier row on my ShieldTV way faster than they can be watched. Can the row be easily expanded for more shows than the 4 or 5 it has currently?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Hi.  The feature isn't limited to 4 or 5 but it is limited to items that also appear in your Next Up row.  So, probably only 4 or 5 of those are new episode one's.

For performance reasons, we had to limit it to only items that are also in Next Up instead of looking at your entire library.

I'll take a look but this week there's way more than 4 or 5 Premiers. My DVR is recording 3 to 5 new shows each night right now. Good thing I have 2 Quatros and 2 Primes and Emby knows how to manage them pretty well as there's quite a bit of overlap and I've not missed anything!

I'll take a look but this week there's way more than 4 or 5 Premiers. My DVR is recording 3 to 5 new shows each night right now. Good thing I have 2 Quatros and 2 Primes and Emby knows how to manage them pretty well as there's quite a bit of overlap and I've not missed anything!

There are more than 4 or 5 premieres that also are shown in your Next Up list?

What sort of performance issues are you talking about BTW?

Most features are delivered from the server via API so that the app asks for something, the server looks through everything to find it and sends back the answer.

There is no API for this feature though so for it to work 100% the app would have to request every single episode in your library to examine it and find new episode 1s.  That simply isn't practical so, instead, what it does is just looks at the results from the Next Up request and pulls the episode 1s out of there.

It is something we should eventually create the proper API for on the server.

Oh wow! That could be quite the taxing grind on the server!

One day but I'm sure it is lower priority for a proper API..

Thanks for the explanation.