impossible to connect

jjpold

flatliner

I've just had the same problem on my Nimbustor 4. To resolve, please follow these steps in the NAS ADM UI:

- Stop the Emby application

*** Ensure the user home folders are visible:

- Launch Access Control

- Go to Shared Folders

- Select User Homes

- Click Edit

- Ensure "Disable file access to this shared folder" is not enabled (i.e. unchecked)

- Click OK

*** Create the emby user folder

- Launch File Explorer

- Go to User Homes

- Create "emby" folder

- Start the Emby application

Emby should now launch.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

I've just had the same problem on my Nimbustor 4. To resolve, please follow these steps in the NAS ADM UI:

- Stop the Emby application

*** Ensure the user home folders are visible:

- Launch Access Control

- Go to Shared Folders

- Select User Homes

- Click Edit

- Ensure "Disable file access to this shared folder" is not enabled (i.e. unchecked)

- Click OK

*** Create the emby user folder

- Launch File Explorer

- Go to User Homes

- Create "emby" folder

- Start the Emby application

Emby should now launch.

Hope that helps.

Nice try but in my case, it doesn't change a thing ! Emby's server app is installed but impossible to launch. I created "emby" folder but still nothing in it and anywhere on my NAS !

I apologize for your issue. We're happy to continue helping you. We're just not sure yet what the issue is.

Few weeks later... still not sure yet what the issue is ?

• 4 weeks later...

My emby server still not working but

My plex is working fine

Why is this

Please help

Same same ! and for weeks ! Not sure you will find help here !

• 3 months later...
jorr@entofga.com

I have the same problem. I have spent 5 days and 10 hours trying to fix. Ever since I updated to the laster ADM 3.5beta version, the emby server will not start and says it cannot connect to the network. I have no proxy server set up and all ports are open. I even tried to factory reset my AS5304T but it would not let me install the pre-beta ADM and booted up with the beta still in place. Please help. I bought emby so I could stream video that PLEX could not.

I have the same problem. I have spent 5 days and 10 hours trying to fix. Ever since I updated to the laster ADM 3.5beta version, the emby server will not start and says it cannot connect to the network. I have no proxy server set up and all ports are open. I even tried to factory reset my AS5304T but it would not let me install the pre-beta ADM and booted up with the beta still in place. Please help. I bought emby so I could stream video that PLEX could not.

We'll have to take a look at the beta ADM. Thanks for letting us know.

jorr@entofga.com

Thank you. I have removed and then reinstalled an add-on 4GB memory card (it was not the problem) on my ASUSTOR and checked all 4 of my 8GB HDs for errors. None. I even reset my network router back to factory settings, reset my windows network settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the pre-beta and beta emby server program and it still cannot start and therefore never shows up on my external devices. I can connect to the NAS remotely, but emby will not run remotely or directly using the ASUSTOR Portal (connected directly to my TV via HDMI cable). 

We really need your help on this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
pontch

Hey Guys,

I have a problem with my Asustor 6302T and the emby server app.

For several days I cannot connect to Emby server with my Browser or Windows Client app. Also i have no connection locally to Server  I have already reinstalled the application, tried the beta version and deleted the Emby directory via the ssh connection, but unfortunately nothing helped.

3 minutes ago, pontch said:

Hey Guys,

I have a problem with my Asustor 6302T and the emby server app.

For several days I cannot connect to Emby server with my Browser or Windows Client app. Also i have no connection locally to Server  I have already reinstalled the application, tried the beta version and deleted the Emby directory via the ssh connection, but unfortunately nothing helped.

What package did you install?

pontch

emby-server-asustor_4.5.0.16_x86-64 and 4.4.3.0 both are do not work for me

I disconnected both hard drives and reset the settings, restarted the system, installed the app from the store and it worked!

Edited by pontch
mistake fix