• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 SirrSterl OFFLINE  

SirrSterl

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Local time: 07:37 PM

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:30 PM

For sure your hardware is up to snuff, if we are talking local there is either an issue with your software setup/network/or client you are serving media to. Have you tried playing these same files through the web browser on the server itself. Or through some other device.

You may just be throwing money away buying new hardware.

Yes they play fine on the web browser, just not anywhere else. Tried local on mobile, fire stick, roll. Roe more on iPad, and mobile. Always the same. Used to only have stuttering when playing large 4K files, after upgrading to premium I had the stuttering constantly regardless of file type. I’ve turned off GPU acceleration for now

#42 SirrSterl OFFLINE  

SirrSterl

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:32 PM

Sorry we would need to see ffmpeg logs of the issue when using HWA. As the only log posted is for the i7-2600 software decode/encode of hevc to h264. The i7-2600 appears to chocks on hevc conversion.

Can you explain that in simpler terms?

#43 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 139791 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:26 PM

He's just making an educated guess but if you can provide the transcoding log then we can provide more detail. Thanks.
  • Sammy likes this

#44 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2828 posts
  • Local time: 04:37 PM

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:55 PM

Can you explain that in simpler terms?

The CPU is choking on h.265 as expected. Additionally, it is possible your GPU isn't doing the work.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy, 03 October 2019 - 10:56 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buffering, stuttering, playback, issues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users