Library posters

cochize1

cochize1

Let’s assume I have a movie library called BOX OFFICE. Every week I add some new interesting content and I want my users to know that right away. The best way show that is to ‘update” the library poster with new contents’ posters (4 new posters with the water-like reflections in random order for every new library created).

My server is running on Synology NAS so I can access my files with WinSCP. In /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/root/default I have access to all generated poster.png files (4 posters from library).

By copying these files I COULD change the library posters BUT for newly created libraries (I put 4 new movies in that library showing posters for new content) it takes AGES to generate the poster.png file for newly created library. I have tried:

• refreshing the library
  • restarting the server
  • restarting and clearing my cache from the computer I access the server

How long does it take for that file to repopulate on the server and show in WinSCP?

Happy2Play

That image is on a schedule, but I don't know exactly how long before is gets updated.  I believe it is every 7 days.  The fastest way to generate and new one is to delete the current one in the UI and do a library scan.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72537-dynamic-images-for-libraries/?hl=dynamic

Don't remember if it was all library scan or if you could just do that library.  Will do a quick test and update.

For me on Windows, deleting the library image and scanning the library generated a new library image almost instantly (I waited a few seconds and refreshed the page).

Tested on 4.2.1.0.

Edited by Happy2Play

cochize1

That image is on a schedule, but I don't know exactly how long before is gets updated.  I believe it is every 7 days.  The fastest way to generate and new one is to delete the current one in the UI and do a library scan.

The thing is I want to have a library poster with 4 images of my choosing. So, since there is no other option, I need to create a new folder with 4 movies and create new library for that folder. Then wait 7 days for the poster.png to generate in the newly created folder in Synology’s EmbyServer root directory and then, finally, swap the new poster.png with the one that already is in the BOX OFFICE library. Am I correct?

Isn’t there any more user friendly way?

Happy2Play

No, dynamic images do not reside in root directory, only user assigned library images reside there.  Dynamic images reside in /library by their item id, they are created on initial library scan.  You will probably have to look at the log to get the location.

Once one is generated if you can't find the location via the log, you can look in the browser console at the url to the image to get the item id.

5d8e4979021f7_console.jpg

So this image resides in /library/d4/d477e4e03ce5706806afcdf124a3a41d folder.

The 7 day is for the dynamic image to auto update.

cochize1

No, dynamic images do not reside in root directory, only user assigned library images reside there.  Dynamic images reside in /library by their item id, they are created on initial library scan.  You will probably have to look at the log to get the location.

Once one is generated if you can't find the location via the log, you can look in the browser console at the url to the image to get the item id.

5d8e4979021f7_console.jpg

So this image resides in /library/d4/d477e4e03ce5706806afcdf124a3a41d folder.

The 7 day is for the dynamic image to auto update.

Perfect, worked like a charm and it took me 2 min to set up posters exactly as I want them.

Thank you!