Is Emby Connect broken?

CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy

Emby Connect wouldn't let me sign in anymore with my password so I had to reset it. Once I get in, my Emby Connect account isn't aware of my server anymore so I had to re-enter the URL to it and sign in there. Then I went back to my Android phone and signed in with the same Emby Connect account and again, it isn't aware of my server. The way Let's Encrypt and my dynamic DNS work, I have to use a sub domain and I'm not wanting to type all that on my phone. 

What's going on with Emby Connect? It's like my server was deleted from my account and the password was changed, but then after adding my server again it still wont show up in my account.

• Like 1

CharlieMurphy

Yes! Thanks! Unfortunately it also somehow switched my Roku back to using Connect instead of the direct server address I had entered. That's fine but it causes the Roku to take a minute to load. I think I will just leave it as it is for now and hope that a future update makes it snappier.

Yes! Thanks! Unfortunately it also somehow switched my Roku back to using Connect instead of the direct server address I had entered. That's fine but it causes the Roku to take a minute to load. I think I will just leave it as it is for now and hope that a future update makes it snappier.

Hi.  Just log out of Connect and re-enter the manual server address in the Roku app.

CharlieMurphy

It's a lot to enter without a keyboard. I'm using duckdns with letsencrypt so it makes me have two subdomains, if I remember correctly. I will get around to it soon if you guys don't see any changes on the horizon that will improve the speed of Emby Connect on Roku.

It's a lot to enter without a keyboard. I'm using duckdns with letsencrypt so it makes me have two subdomains, if I remember correctly. I will get around to it soon if you guys don't see any changes on the horizon that will improve the speed of Emby Connect on Roku.

The issue, I believe, is that it is attempting to connect to the local address first so that has to time out before it then tries the remote one.  We can look at possibly decreasing that time-out.

CharlieMurphy

That makes sense. My server is remote. I guess if someone has a server that sleeps then Wakes on LAN, they might need the long timeout period.

Thanks so much for the help, I appreciate how active y'all are here.