Emby and single sign on (SSO)

fxwegr

Hello, everybody,
i have a password protected wordpress based website. There i call emby as an external application.

Currently I have to authorize for Wordpress as well as Emby. I would like a single sign on (SSO) solution. However, this is completely new territory for me. Is something like this possible with emby, if so how?

Regards

Hi Luke,

I assume the plugin is an LDAP client. Does it only read credentials from an LDAP server and put them in the login page, or does it allow an automatic login? The information is somewhat scarce there.

Regards

I understand that then LDAP only provides a centralized administration of the credentials in the network. But this is not what I want to achieve.
After looking around the swagger, I came across the RestApi and found this:

curl -X POST "http://192.168.178.27:8096/emby/Lastfm/Login"-H "accept: */*" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "{\"Username\":\"string\",\"Password\":\"string\"}"

Is it possible to achieve something on this way, with some additional coding?

Regards

Could you possibly say something about the second part of my post? And further: Can the Emby API's only be used after a successful login? For example in a plugin.

Is it possible to achieve something on this way, with some additional coding?

What you're asking for would require development from us.

Can the Emby API's only be used after a successful login? For example in a plugin.

It depends on what you want to do. If it is something that involves something user-specific, then generally yes it will require login.

No, this is a misunderstanding. I will develop it myself. In Wordpress there is a suitable framwork available for this purpose.

My intention depends on whether I can use this API call (RestApi)

curl -X POST "http://192.168.178.3...y/Lastfm/Login"-H"accept: */*" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d "{\"Username\":\"string\",\"Password\":\"string\"}"

In a PHP Wordpress script, to login automatically to Emby.

If that doesn't work, it would be nice if you put the SSO problematic on your developement TO DO list.

Regards