Emby 3.0.82 failing to connect to CCA

artatgray

artatgray

Hi Emby Support,

As of the most recent update dated Sept. 21, 2019. Emby Mobile is no longer able to connect to my CCA - the device itself isn't the problem as I've used HiFi Cast to successfully stream to it as a test.

On Emby Mobile, the busy ring will just keep rotating, and the cast icon doesn't light up, even though I'll hear a tone from the amp I've attached it to indicating that a link has been established. If I attempt to stream from my Android mobile after this, the mobile itself just plays the content without streaming it to the CCA.

I've included the server logs below. However, I'm unable to access the Android logs for some reason.

Kind regards,

Bill

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63704850925.txt

Edited by artatgray

artatgray

Unfortunately, no, as none of the Chromecast devices even show up from it when accessing it via Opera browser on Android - I've two, a Chromecast Audio, and Chromecast gen2 attached to my TV.

post-367005-0-29281300-1569287441_thumb.png

Edited by artatgray

artatgray

I just installed Chrome browser in case there was an incompatible with Opera and I got the same results: the Chromecasts don't show up on the list for access.

Edited by artatgray

artatgray

Hi Luke,

I did as you requested with the same results that I initially posted. And again, HiFi Cast has no problem with the CCA.

Perhaps if you would provide me with the previous version of the application?

Kind regards,

Bill

artatgray

Can you try rebooting both your Chromecast device and your Android device? Thanks.

Hi Luke,

I even went as far as completely resetting my CCA and reconfiguring it; I got the same result that I initially posted.

Edited by artatgray

• 11 months later...

Hey guys,

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?

Up until this morning I've been able to connect Emby from my Android to my Chromecast Audio. 

Today it's unable to connect, even though I (sometimes) hear the connection sound. I can connect to other Chromecast devices (Google Nest Hub and JBL Speaker) just fine.
I get the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, hear the sound, but the circle continues to spin for another minute. The Cast icon never changes (ie shows as disconnected). 
All other applications are able to connect to the CCA fine.
Both Android (Samsung S9) and CCA (Cat firmware version 4.42.172094) have been restarted.

I'm running Emby 4.4.3.0 through docker.

I can't see anything in the logs.

thanks,

Cam

1 hour ago, Oldjuju said:

Hey guys,

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?

Up until this morning I've been able to connect Emby from my Android to my Chromecast Audio. 

Today it's unable to connect, even though I (sometimes) hear the connection sound. I can connect to other Chromecast devices (Google Nest Hub and JBL Speaker) just fine.
I get the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, hear the sound, but the circle continues to spin for another minute. The Cast icon never changes (ie shows as disconnected). 
All other applications are able to connect to the CCA fine.
Both Android (Samsung S9) and CCA (Cat firmware version 4.42.172094) have been restarted.

I'm running Emby 4.4.3.0 through docker.

I can't see anything in the logs.

thanks,

Cam

Hi, when was the last time you tested prior to today?

Hi Luke, it was working fine last night (I'm in Australia). I've never had this issue before. 
I thought it could have been a newer docker image of Emby (official image), but it doesn't look like it's been updated for a couple of months.

Also, I should say that I use the CCA as part of a google speaker group which gets used daily.
I've been using Emby as my music source, connected to the speaker group, for about a month without issue.
Currently the speaker group fails, but only because the CCA is failing to connect. All other Chromecast devices currently work.

Edited by Oldjuju

Hey Luke, as with artatgray above, after some time it just started working again.

This would all have to be locally controlled wouldn't it? Or is there some kind of server check in when casting to a device?

Either way, happy all is good in the universe and my multi-room audio is back at full capacity.
Hopefully it stays that way.

thanks,

Cam