All devices work except PS4?

Hey guys, I've been using Emby for 2 years now. I love it. Well after painstakingly following instructions on getting my movies to play on the PS4, I finally got to the play button, and it says I can only play on Emby Premier? Did I mess something up?

Am I doing it wrong? Every other device, PC, Roku, Android... they all work flawlessly.

As with all things, I'm sure this has been answered before so I apologize in advance.

Thank you for your time,

mcfido

Hi, yes our emby theater app requires emby premiere. We work very hard on it and we thank you for your support.

PS4 media player with dlna connection to emby server is another option.

• 1 year later...
On 22/09/2019 at 19:38, Luke said:

Hi, yes our emby theater app requires emby premiere. We work very hard on it and we thank you for your support.

PS4 media player with dlna connection to emby server is another option.

So in order to watch Emby via my browser on my PS4 like i do on PC i need to pay for Emby Premiere ??? Even though it's the exact same thing and i can watch it freely on my iPad browser without Premier ???

dlna works but that has as much of an appealing interface as Windows File Explorer....

canada99
8 hours ago, Presto said:

So in order to watch Emby via my browser on my PS4 like i do on PC i need to pay for Emby Premiere ??? Even though it's the exact same thing and i can watch it freely on my iPad browser without Premier ???

dlna works but that has as much of an appealing interface as Windows File Explorer....

When people work hard to maintain, update and constantly put their time in to answer questions and add new features fixing bugs among much much more, yes! 

4 hours ago, canada99 said:

When people work hard to maintain, update and constantly put their time in to answer questions and add new features fixing bugs among much much more, yes! 

I understand that, and i'll be getting Prem once i have a spare 120$ laying around as Plex decided it won't work on my synology anymore so i moved over.

But what i don't understand is i can use a browser on my PC, my iPhone, Android phone or iPad and connect to my Emby server, but the exact same browser on a PS4 requires i buy Premier. What exactly am i paying for if it's exactly the same and free everywhere else ?

canada99
19 hours ago, Presto said:

I understand that, and i'll be getting Prem once i have a spare 120$ laying around as Plex decided it won't work on my synology anymore so i moved over.

But what i don't understand is i can use a browser on my PC, my iPhone, Android phone or iPad and connect to my Emby server, but the exact same browser on a PS4 requires i buy Premier. What exactly am i paying for if it's exactly the same and free everywhere else ?

Hi Presto, I believe you already answered your own question? you said this "

dlna works but that has as much of an appealing interface as Windows File Explorer...."

you would be paying for an appealing interface 🙂  Why not pay $5 a month ? you don't want that ps4 looking like windows file explorer when your browsing through movies 😉

13 hours ago, canada99 said:

Hi Presto, I believe you already answered your own question? you said this "

dlna works but that has as much of an appealing interface as Windows File Explorer...."

you would be paying for an appealing interface 🙂  Why not pay $5 a month ? you don't want that ps4 looking like windows file explorer when your browsing through movies 😉

@ebr

You don't seem to understand.

iPad browser = free

iPhone browser = free

Android Phone browser = free

PC Browser = free

PS4 browser = i have to pay ???

What am i being required to pay for on the PS4 over everything else if it's the exact same ?

Hi.  Just because you are using a "browser" to access the interface does not mean everything is exactly the same.  Different platforms require different code in many cases.  However, the main point is that we cannot exist without someone paying for the work and expenses that are required to make all of this possible.  So some things have to not be free.  We actually provide a whole lot of functionality for free, however.

Thanks for your support.