How random is shuffling?

crusher11

• 2 weeks later...
crusher11

I'm having another issue - season posters aren't working on one of my drives. Working fine on the other drive. Seems to only apply to newly added ones.

I'm having another issue - season posters aren't working on one of my drives. Working fine on the other drive. Seems to only apply to newly added ones.

Why do you feel they're not working?

Also always remember the sources for these images and metadata also may go down, have quotas, etc... These services Emby depends on can have problems at any moment that are out of Emby's control. You may have simply ingested too much in a period of time and ran over the quota. Emby keeps track of when this happens and will stop fetching images. Once the interval of time has elapsed that determines how much data you can ingest you can again ingest more data and get more images. Since so many people depend on these services they must throttle/quota users to keep sanity on their bandwidth.

crusher11

Hi. Exactly where and in what context?

Please remember we are blind and cannot see whatever you are seeing. Screen shots are very helpful.

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem

It acts exactly as it would if the season poster wasn't there at all.

We're doing our best to help you but if all you're going to provide is about two words then that is going to be very difficult.

As you can see there isn't any general problem with tv images or there would be a mass uprising in the community.

Based on current information all I can tell you is compare your file naming to our supported naming conventions:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/TV-naming

crusher11

As I said, it seems to only affect one drive in my multi drive series, which is why I posted about it in this thread rather than making a new one. It was working fine previously so it may be related to the fix that was put in for shuffling and the season count.

Happy2Play

How about a specific example so I can attempt to reproduce.

I do see something changed since season 3 & 4 are not showing season images like when I posted in post 21.  The season images are not in the series folder on that drive.  But when I refreshed missing, they were re-added.

Edited by Happy2Play

crusher11

That's basically what I see, yeah. Season posters on one drive work fine, but not on the others. I tried scanning and it didn't help.

I'm not at my server at the moment so I can't provide any further info until later on.

crusher11

Okay, so:

1. All the season posters I had in place before moving to the beta are still there. Some on my local drive, some on network drive 1, some for seasons with episodes on both drives.

2. Posters on network drive 1 for seasons on network drive 1 work.

3. Posters on the local drive for seasons spread across the local drive and network drive 2 do not work.

4. Posters on the local drive for seasons spread across the local drive and network drive 1 don't work either.

5. Posters on network drive 1 for seasons spread across network drive 1 and network drive 2 also don't work.

So it seems if episodes in the season are spread across multiple drives, the poster doesn't display, but this only applies to posters added after I moved to the beta.

Edited by crusher11

Happy2Play

And if you reapplied a season image that is missing where does the server place the image?  You will probably have to monitor the log when you do this if not all the perspective drives.