Some questions about trailers and cinema intros plugins

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey

@@Luke could you please explain why some emby apps don't support playback of youtube links? This would be a much easier way to playback "local" trailers with the cinema intros plugin. I'm wondering how all apps are able to playback trailers from apple, but not from youtube? That feels wrong lol.

Second question:
Does the cinema intros plugin try to playback trailers of the same genre like the movie played back? If yes...

Third question:

I'm using the Genre Cleaner plugin to redefine German genre names to English genre names (for better compatibility with other tools which only rely on English genre names). Unfortunately genre cleaner doesn't apply to the trailers. Any chance to change this?

Edited by horstepipe

Most of the apps that don't support YouTube already have topics in the community about this. There is no YouTube sdk provided by Google for is to use on that platform.

• Like 1

Does the cinema intros plugin try to playback trailers of the same genre like the movie played back? If yes...

Genres are part of it. It is the same comparison as the "More like this" feature.

I'm using the Genre Cleaner plugin to redefine German genre names to English genre names (for better compatibility with other tools which only rely on English genre names). Unfortunately genre cleaner doesn't apply to the trailers. Any chance to change this?

Not right now. Channel content doesn't' run through the same metadata refresh process as regular media.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Thanks

Any „hacky“ way to change the preferred metadata language of channel content? How does Emby decide which metadata language to take for channel content?

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

How does Emby decide which metadata language to take for channel content?

In other words: It would be nice to have preferred metadata language settings for trailers, too. Shall I open a feature request for it or is it a little one @@Luke ?

Unfortunately something badly seems to go wrong regarding the comparison.

When I start the movie "Bad Moms"

Genre: Comedy
MPAA-Rating: R
Director: Jon Lucas, Scott More

it plays back trailers from "The Circle" and "The Bye Bye Man"

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller
MPAA-Rating: PG-13
Director: James Ponsoldt

and

Genre: Horror, Thriller
Director: Stacy Title

The Circle and Bye Bye Man show up in each other's similar lists as expected. But none of them shows up in the similar list of Bad Moms and vice versa.

What's going wrong here?

FYI: I have NOT enabled the child proof lock in the cinema mode plugin

Edited by horstepipe

I'm not sure you'll be able to hack it other than manual editing. The metadata is up to each channel to provide. There isn't support at this stage for metadata language selection.

horstepipe

The metadata is up to each channel to provide.

Not sure if I understand. So the trailer metadata is German because...

... my movie's libraries metadata is German? What if I have multiple movies libraries, one fetching German, one fetching English metadata? How does the trailers plugin determine which language to take?

Unfortunately something badly seems to go wrong regarding the comparison.

When I start the movie "Bad Moms"

Genre: Comedy
MPAA-Rating: R
Director: Jon Lucas, Scott More

it plays back trailers from "The Circle" and "The Bye Bye Man"

Genre: Drama, Science Fiction, Thriller
Director: James Ponsoldt

and

Genre: Horror, Thriller
Director: Stacy Title

The Circle and Bye Bye Man show up in each other's similar lists as expected. But none of them shows up in the similar list of Bad Moms and vice versa.

What's going wrong here?

FYI: I have NOT enabled the child proof lock in the cinema mode plugin

Do you need a server log for this one or can you reproduce?

horstepipe

The default metadata language that you configured in the server startup wizard.

ah okay, then I'm fine about this one. I set it globally to English and per library to German.

Thanks

horstepipe

So is the section "New and Upcoming Movies on Dvd & Blu-ray" actively being updated? Feels a bit outdated, all movies are from 2017.