Path not found - setting up Library

randythornhill

randythornhill

I am running Freenas 11.2 and loaded the Emby plugin.  I believe that I finally setup my Jail space.  I can ssh to the Emby IP address and login as the Emby user "bob" and can see the folders that I want to add to the Library.  However, I am getting "The path could not be found."  in Emby.  I will include several screenshots below.  thx

5d8678b86e2cb_ssh2Emby.jpg

5d8678732e021_Emby.jpg

Looks like the permissions are 0770 which is owner and group with access, and other with none.

Have you changed the user Emby runs under to "bob"? Or did you create a user profile in Emby called "bob"? 

The first thing I see is the Movies folder is owner: bob, group: bob while the others are root/wheel. You'll need all of your media folders with the same owner and/or group. You then have a few options....

My go-to way is to do group permissions. I have all of my media folders part of the Media group, and then I simply have to create a matching group inside the jail and add the jail user to the group and away I go.

This thread here is the best reference for setting up jail permissions. 

https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/how-to-giving-plugins-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/

Another option you could do for testing would be set the permission to 0777 but I never recommend doing so for more than just testing.

makarai

just to chime in late, but are you sure you use the input mask properly, when you select a folder it typically starts with a "/" and not just the name. Can you browse the movie directory from emby and just select one movie? lets say /Movies/Pulp_Fiction ?