Scheduled “Execute” task

fizzyade

fizzyade

A task which is run at startup and shutdown and also scheduled to run once per day.

You can enter the command to execute for each of the 3 stages.

The return code for the scheduled time execution should indicate, Success, SuccessRestart, Failed

SuccessRestart will cause the Emby server to restart.

This system would allow the integration of LetsEncrypt certificates with auto renewal very easily, particularly of use when using the Emby docker container, the script can be mounted from the host into the container.

Well we've already got startup and once per day. Someone could build a plugin to execute a file within a scheduled task

fizzyade

Well we've already got startup and once per day. Someone could build a plugin to execute a file within a scheduled task

can a plugin restart Emby?  and is this required to get the new certificate loaded?

fizzyade

Is there an up to date repository containing all of the Interfaces for emby?  the one on github is from last year, is this still relevant?

looks like theres an option in emby to allow auto restart, i guess i need to check that.

ISessionManager  SendRestartRequiredNotification should be sent from the plugin and i assume if auto restart is allowed it will cause emby to restart?

IScheduledTask should be implemented to add the scheduled task, triggers then appropriately implemented.

Sound about right?

fizzyade

ok, so theres a option to allow updates to restart emby, is this the same thing? it also only does it when the server is idle, does that mean nobody connected or no sessions playing?  i often see sessions stuck at the end point when the client has finished playing a media file, im guessing this would be a problem.

would be nice if there was an option on that setting for “Always” and “When Idle”