"Sort By Genre" view for folder library browsing.

jeremymeyers

jeremymeyers

I have a 'Miscellaneous' folder where I keep media that i haven't decided if i want to keep yet.

It would be awesome if there was a view sorted by genre, so that I could vet stuff together

Something like

======

ACTION

======

[              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   

[MOVIE1 ]   [MOVIE2 ]   [MOVIE3  ]  [ MOVIE4 ] [ MOVIE5]   [MOVIE6 ]

[              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]

[              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   

[MOVIE1 ]   [MOVIE2 ]   [MOVIE3  ]  [ MOVIE4 ] [ MOVIE5]   [MOVIE6 ]

[              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]

=========

ADVENTURE

=========

[              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ] 

[MOVIE1 ]   [MOVIE2 ]   [MOVIE3  ]  [ MOVIE4 ] [ MOVIE5]

[              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ]   [              ] 

=======

COMEDY

=======

[              ]   [              ]  

[MOVIE1 ]   [MOVIE2 ] 

[              ]   [              ]  

Edited by jeremymeyers

Happy2Play

Movie content type has always had this as it uses metadata and provides every Genre in your library. 

5d8487cbde545_tabs.jpg

To me there could be to many items in each genre to have them sorted on a flat layout with each genre header.

• Like 1

jeremymeyers

Movie content type has always had this as it uses metadata and provides every Genre in your library. 

5d8487cbde545_tabs.jpg

To me there could be to many items in each genre to have them sorted on a flat layout with each genre header.

Yeah i would want the option to have them all displayed in one view (with the usual pagination settings).

Edited by jeremymeyers

Yeah i would want the option to have them all displayed in one view (with the usual pagination settings).

Hi.  We have specifically moved away from that type of presentation due to the fact that is is harder for people to find what they want in large libraries but we will monitor this request for feedback.

Thanks.